GEN 1 No crank no lights on dash p0219 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions on an issue I just experienced, as I’ve tried to rule out a couple things but it just doesn’t make sense still.

I have a 2012 G1 that wouldn’t start after just driving. I was driving home from the weekend when I made a stop to drop a buddy at his house, and my truck wouldn’t start afterwards when I tried to turn it back on. I received the code P0219, engine overspeed condition. After looking that code up and doing all sorts of research, I went to start my truck the next day and it started no problem. I then took it for a test drive to see if it was okay and there didn’t seem to be any issues. The P0219 code wasn’t there anymore after that drive.

Most of my research on the code suggested I had a bad sensor or something, as I know I didn’t do any redlining in it to cause the code to show up. However, if it was a bad sensor it probably should’ve showed up again.

I can rule out that it’s the starter or battery because I just put new ones in about 6 months ago. Leaning more towards the fact that I’d have a bad ground. Shouldn’t be overheating either as my gauges said I was at good temps the whole time, and I have fresh oil in the truck.

Has anyone had this issue, or would anyone have an idea as to why this would be happening?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Check fuse #27. Should be relocated.
So I have now had it at ford for the 19S07 recall, as well as diagnosis where they stated it was in fact fuse 27. However today, about a week later, the truck didn’t start on me again… I have 0 unusual codes regarding starting and am really lost with what’s going on…

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have now had it at ford for the 19S07 recall, as well as diagnosis where they stated it was in fact fuse 27. However today, about a week later, the truck didn’t start on me again… I have 0 unusual codes regarding starting and am really lost with what’s going on…
So I am on my third aftermarket key as apparently I am hard on the unlock and remote start buttons. On occasion I will turn the key and get nothing. However if I take out the key and flip it it will start. Or if I try it a few more times without removing the key it usually will start by the third try. Had it @Gumby ’s and it had some old code that he cleared but I don’t recall what it was. I’m pretty sure it was a security type code and I chalked it up to those aftermarket keys I have been using. So my question is how many times have you tried turning the key with the no crank?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
So I am on my third aftermarket key as apparently I am hard on the unlock and remote start buttons. On occasion I will turn the key and get nothing. However if I take out the key and flip it it will start. Or if I try it a few more times without removing the key it usually will start by the third try. Had it @Gumby ’s and it had some old code that he cleared but I don’t recall what it was. I’m pretty sure it was a security type code and I chalked it up to those aftermarket keys I have been using. So my question is how many times have you tried turning the key with the no crank?
I’ve tried turning the key several times over and over again.. have tried flipping the key, have taken it out, put it back in then tried. Have tried turning it getting no crank leaving it in and trying again… I’ve tried everything possible as a simple solution like that and had no luck. I had it at the dealership even and requested a diagnosis as to why it wouldn’t start. Their only answer was “relocate fuse 27” (this was before I relocated it). Since then it’s not turned on a couple more times, the one time I was on the phone with the tow company and it happened to randomly start.. did nothing different that time than the last when it wouldn’t start at all. Going to be taking it back to the stealership to see if they can give me the right answer this time.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I’m having no crank at all. All electronics come on and I can hear things like the fuel pump activating, but when I turn the key nothing happens at all.. also, the original code of p0219 is no longer being a factor, I think that was just an issue I had due to the recall

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2007 F-150 that would not crank, and I think they replaced the gear selection switch. Truck didn't think it was in park and would not crank.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried turning the key several times over and over again.. have tried flipping the key, have taken it out, put it back in then tried. Have tried turning it getting no crank leaving it in and trying again… I’ve tried everything possible as a simple solution like that and had no luck. I had it at the dealership even and requested a diagnosis as to why it wouldn’t start. Their only answer was “relocate fuse 27” (this was before I relocated it). Since then it’s not turned on a couple more times, the one time I was on the phone with the tow company and it happened to randomly start.. did nothing different that time than the last when it wouldn’t start at all. Going to be taking it back to the stealership to see if they can give me the right answer this time.
Well now I am thinking the starter needs to be introduced to the hammer, lol

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2007 F-150 that would not crank, and I think they replaced the gear selection switch. Truck didn't think it was in park and would not crank.
If that was the case wouldn’t it start in neutral? Worth a try. I did have the Park indicator switch go out, but it just left the dash lights on and drained the battery. Took weeks to figure out and Ford wanted to replace the whole shifter! Found the switch on eBay $22