New Raptor R Owner in Scottsdale, AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChipBeck

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Three days ago my new 2024 Raptor R was delivered to my home here in Scottsdale. I ordered it without a sunroof (it's hotter than hell here in AZ), spray in bed liner, and deleted the graphics. I had never driven or sat in a Raptor R before and I'm blown away by how much fun it is to drive. For the last 18 years I've been quite active on the Ford GT Forum as David Bannister's head moderator there. In addition to this new truck I have a 2015 FX4 F-150, '06 & '17 Ford GT's, and an early allocation for a Mustang GTD so I'm a big Ford fan. This 6100 lb truck has 73 more HP than my 2017 GT (11% more power) BUT it weighs nearly twice as much and accelerates almost as fast as that GT. How the hell does that happen?!? Looking forward to getting an education on all things Raptor from the members here. All the best.

Chip Beck

Raptor.jpeg

Arizona Free

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Three days ago my new 2024 Raptor R was delivered to my home here in Scottsdale. I ordered it without a sunroof (it's hotter than hell here in AZ), spray in bed liner, and deleted the graphics. I had never driven or sat in a Raptor R before and I'm blown away by how much fun it is to drive. For the last 18 years I've been quite active on the Ford GT Forum as David Bannister's head moderator there. In addition to this new truck I have a 2015 FX4 F-150, '06 & '17 Ford GT's, and an early allocation for a Mustang GTD so I'm a big Ford fan. This 6100 lb truck has 73 more HP than my 2017 GT (11% more power) BUT it weighs nearly twice as much and accelerates almost as fast as that GT. How the hell does that happen?!? Looking forward to getting an education on all things Raptor from the members here. All the best.

Chip Beck

View attachment 453664
I would love to see it. I live in Peoria

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome very nice maybe you az free and me could get together sometime I’m in Coolidge