New owner from San Antonio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SenditRaptor

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. Pretty excited to be a first time owner of one of the best machines ever created. Picked her up a couple months ago at the dealer. 40k miles on a 2020 got my attention. I've always wanted a 2nd gen since they first came out but was way out of my budget. Now that the 3rd gens are out, I was able to pick this beauty up with a trade of my 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport with 70k miles. Drove off the lot with a deal of $36K plus a 5yr/100k mile extended warranty after the trade!

Attachments

• received_453389040655465.jpeg
    received_453389040655465.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 20
  • received_1072340794602796.jpeg
    received_1072340794602796.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

That’s a pretty good score coming from Red McCombs !

If you don’t already know this, the F series trucks are notoriously easy to break into; pull the driver’s door handle, twist the lock cylinder and you’re in. Undertake some serious theft mitigation ASAP. You probably already know this too, S/A law enforcement don’t chase stolen trucks, they’ll call you and give you a report number over the phone for you to file an insurance claim. If they find it in the ensuing 2.5-4 hours it takes to cross the Mexican border, you might get it back but most likely not.

OP
OP
S

SenditRaptor

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

That’s a pretty good score coming from Red McCombs !

If you don’t already know this, the F series trucks are notoriously easy to break into; pull the driver’s door handle, twist the lock cylinder and you’re in. Undertake some serious theft mitigation ASAP. You probably already know this too, S/A law enforcement don’t chase stolen trucks, they’ll call you and give you a report number over the phone for you to file an insurance claim. If they find it in the ensuing 2.5-4 hours it takes to cross the Mexican border, you might get it back but most likely not.
It took about 4 attempts of me from walking out of the dealer before they offered me the deal I was looking for

I've been reading about a lot of high theft rates in SA, especially the F-150's. Makes me wary to take it out anywhere.. Was looking into the IGLA system. Curious if anyone on FRF has any opinions on it. Also thought about getting a steering wheel club or possibly even a wheel boot.. lol