New Member in Austin, TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cog099

Reaction score
Glad I found this forum, bought my first Raptor a little over a week ago and I've learned a lot catching up on FRF. I got a new to me 2024 35 in Shelter Green w/6700 miles on the clock. So far I added full ceramic tint, wheel well liners, and it's getting partial ppf today. I plan on lifting the rear a little with either 1" spacers or 1.5" Eibach springs to get a little rake back. Previous owner installed 2.25" Icon collars and the back is a 5/8" lower than the front with a full tank.

When I bought it I optioned for the Ford Premium Maintenance plan with 10k intervals/100k miles for $2290. Many of you have had more than one Raptor. In your experience are the maintenance plans worth it? I've read about shock rebuilds, etc which I understand by themselves probably isn't. But between shocks, brakes, oil changes?

I can still return it of course.

Thanks!IMG_3974.jpeg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF and happy new Raptor day.

Read the fine print on the maintenance plan. Might not cover shocks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Glad I found this forum, bought my first Raptor a little over a week ago and I've learned a lot catching up on FRF
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius
I got a new to me 2024 35 in Shelter Green 1970’s Brown w/6700 miles on the clock.
FIFY ;-)

so far I added full ceramic tint, wheel well liners, and it's getting partial ppf today. I plan on lifting the rear a little with either 1" spacers or 1.5" Eibach springs to get a little rake back. Previous owner installed 2.25" Icon collars and the back is a 5/8" lower than the front with a full tank.
So when you catch up on your FRF homework, you’ll realize that putting lift on the Raptor is controversial at best. Most of them are bandaid components that will facilitate accelerated wear and increase the chance of parts breakage elsewhere.
When I bought it I optioned for the Ford Premium Maintenance plan with 10k intervals/100k miles for $2290. Many of you have had more than one Raptor. In your experience are the maintenance plans worth it? I've read about shock rebuilds, etc which I understand by themselves probably isn't. But between shocks, brakes, oil changes?
I prefer the ESP to the maint. plan personally and 10k intervals is a bit... generous. The KO2’s won’t like it and your oil changes should be closer to 5-6k miles, not 10k. The @FordTechOne preferred narrative is pretty well accepted here; the trucks with early failure cam phasers tend to have longer oil change intervals. @Old-Raptor-guy has a post on here somewhere about long service ecoboost engines, and he’s got some good examples.

OP
OP
cog099

cog099

Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far. I failed to mention I did get the 6yr/150k Premium Care extended warranty. I paid $4k which from what I have experienced is an excellent price.

I have been thinking the 10k intervals are too far apart and figured I would do my own between them.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF! Nice Truck. Agreed on what @mprice1234 said, do your own half way through. You should rotate the tires every 4k to 5k miles as well, the K02's will last longer, stay a bit quieter and will likely avoid cupping.