New Member From Texas (SA area)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it! Ever go shooting? Gonna go plinking at cedar ridge on Sunday if you wanna meet up!
Haven’t been to Cedar ridge, but I’m a member at McQueeny (indoors and 25-yd max, but a/c sure is nice this time of year), and Dietz. And yes, I know he’s an *******, but it’s 5 minutes from my house, LoL. As a member I can go when the range is closed…pretty much the only time I go actually.

Edit: I do need to re-zero my AR10 after changing the scope though. What time you thinking?

And if you’re not already a member at Cedar Ridge, would you rather meet up at Dietz or hell, head down to McQueeny to shoot in air conditioned comfort!

PM inbound

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lurker5

Reaction score
Haven’t been to Cedar ridge, but I’m a member at McQueeny (indoors and 25-yd max, but a/c sure is nice this time of year), and Dietz. And yes, I know he’s an *******, but it’s 5 minutes from my house, LoL. As a member I can go when the range is closed…pretty much the only time I go actually.

Edit: I do need to re-zero my AR10 after changing the scope though. What time you thinking?

And if you’re not already a member at Cedar Ridge, would you rather meet up at Dietz or hell, head down to McQueeny to shoot in air conditioned comfort!

PM inbound
Ha just responded to your pm. F Dietz, been there once and I’m never stepping a foot there again. Shoot me a text!

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice time today @Lurker5 Thanks for introducing me to the Cedar Ridge range.

Hot as balls out there today, I probably lost 5# in sweat! I’m very appreciative that you brought extra water! And greatly appreciate you spotting me when zeroing the new optic too.

Even picked up a souvenir OTW home! LoL

i-HsWnBGR-X4.jpg

Lesson’s (re)learned:
1) Remember to stake your castle nut on an AR10…Locktite ain’t gonna cut it with a .308 cycling your BCG
2) Remember to swap out the 28# recoil spring that you run in your G21 when shooting 450SMC loads, and put in the stock 17# recoil spring when shooting shit-grade target ammo! LoL
3) Shooting a well-tuned AR, even if a bit over-gassed is one of life’s great pleasures. I really enjoyed the URGI upper @Lurker5

…now for the “fun” part of a range day; cleaning time!

i-R3M69zj-X4.jpg

…and look what got delivered while we were out banging steel:

i-KcS9HmZ-X4.jpg

Looks like a good 1.5 beer project.