New member from Cali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chawbeeblay

Reaction score
Wassup Raptor crew. Im new here and stoked to get the low down on all things F150 Raptor. Currently in the market for a gen 1 or 2. I got my eyes on a one owner 62k mile 2014 Raptor. Test drove it, feels great. Mild surface rust on undercarriage, no signs of jumping, only eye sore is minor dent/crimping at the bottom of the tailgate. Owner probably struck something while backing up but purely cosmetic. All together gonna be 48k tax, title, registration included in price. Now how do I convince my wife that the 2014 is worth buying over a 2020 with similar miles? Am I messed up or can some of you gearheads give me some ammo so I can justify a 10 year old car purchase over a newer one. HELP ME OUT BROTHERS

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Show the difference in registration fees, insurance premiums, and parts costs between the 2 different generations. Or, the projected depreciation rate between a 10yo raptor and a newer version.

If facts don't work, try feelings instead: stomp your feet, scream, and roll around on the ground until you get your way.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome, first , good idea to buy a Raptor whatever gen it is...
I was exactly in the same case when it was time to buy one , a this time, market was normal, gen 1 was so affordable...But I increased my budget to a 20's and no regret... 14, or 20 are both a end year production and free youthless issue... Make your choice and come back with pics when purchase will be done !

OP
OP
C

chawbeeblay

Reaction score
Yeah it’s on the higher end, in my area, and with what’s currently for sale, it’s the best example and the price is everything included in Cali. Will probably pick it up on the 9th. Will post pics and see what you guys think