*New Member* 2024 Raptor R in Arizona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me three, avalanche gray 24 R. Although I did not pick the color, it chose me. Meaning that is what was available. Try to keep your front tires on the ground.

I have had two types of covers, the hard roll up type and the hard folding panel type. They both work and I like them better than a soft cover or the tilting solid 1 piece. I liked the roll up when I had to open it I could still see out the back window. However, it wasnt possible to roll it half way, its either rolled up and secured or if your load prevents it from closing it will lay on top of your load and be a little floppy. (There may be a model that lets you partially open it) The solid folding panels block the back window when open, which kinda sucks, but they can be secured in a few different open positions if you don't need them folded all the way up and leaning against the back window. When closed they both look equally good. There are folding panels that sit flush with your bed rails or you can buy ones that sit on top of your rails. You can buy roll ups that roll up inside the bed space leaving the back window free but use some bed space, or ones that roll up above the bed space, blocking some of the view. I would probably go back to the hard roll up next truck.

Attachments

• Raptor Bed Cover.jpeg
    Raptor Bed Cover.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 7

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm missing the existing post on this topic. Does anyone have a recommendation for truck covers?

Gotta love that Arizona sunshine!
I just ordered a seal skin truck cover for my 24R.

ravis22

Reaction score
Did you have a Raptor before the a Raptor R? If so, Curious to get your thoughts on the differences.

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been fortunate enough to have had 2013, 2014, 2019, 2020 and now 2024 and a 2024R raptors. Others here could give you the technical differences, Ill focus on my personal experience. I was a Dodge guy for 30 years before my eyes beheld a glorious sight. The truck I had been searching for was actually out there. It had the look, not chromed out with bling, but muted with blacks and matte accents. It was unique, you could recognize coming down the road half a mile away that it was a raptor. It had the engine, a V8 that could git'r done on or off the road, and it had the suspension that made for a smooth ride. The saleman stroked my ego by telling me I had to be careful driving it, it had so much power. I lifted mine to mid perch and added 37's. Gen 1 was special. Improvements were made to the electronics and Gen 2 was better in that regard, but the trend was heading back to mediocrity. Is it a raptor or a regular F150? Hard to tell until you pass it. I hated the V6, what's next electric? It was a demotion from the V8 even if it had more power on paper, although the rapid red was the prettiest truck I have owned. Gen 2 were still great driving trucks and I'd rather own it than anything else out there at the time. Now my wife has a 2024 37 V6, she loves it, it sounds better, is an upgrade in every category over the 2019 she had. Really nice electronics, big screen for backing up, a camera that can look down at what you are hauling in your bed, beautiful. I now have the 2024R and it is the first truck I really have to be careful in. I can see stomping on it might lead to bad results, it has rediculous power. I was kidding but not kidding when i said try to keep the front tires on the ground. I would say for me, all other raptors were easier to drive because I could just go and not worry about anything except how fast i was going. The 37s do not handle as well as the 35's at high speed. I love them, i love the look, the truck stands taller, they are a comfortable ride but not as good at high speed. They will be great at the dunes though. Would I go back to a V6 with 35's, hells no.