Need Help with Replacement Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi - I'm in the process of locating a replacement engine for my 2014 6.2L. (It's a long story - Appears previos ownrer may have not changed oil for several years and it was massively sludged and failed from oil starvation) I've located a 6.2 remanufactured long block part HC2Z-6006-ABRM which is for E-350. My understanding is I'd need to replace the cams with the 6.2L Raptor cams to get it converted to what's actually in the Raptor.

Can anyone confirm the cam part numbers are (Left) AL3Z-6250-E, (Right) AL3Z-6250-D.

I've also heard the oil filter mounting assembly will need to be swappped. Anything else that needs to be swapped to get my truck going?

Thanks in advance for any help.
-Duke

Last edited:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Cookie_Monster I don"t know about the cam # I would call the local dealer and give them your vin they can confirm the correct part number. Two rivers ford, parts guys are awesome. (In TN) Good luck. you doing this your self or having it done? and what about the core?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are two different cams depending on whether the heads were remachined during remanufacturing:

OE Production heads
AL3Z-6250-F
AL3Z-6250-E

Remanufactured heads (FC3Z head part number prefix):
GU7Z-6250-A
GU7Z-6250-B

The cams are the same for all F-150s with the 6.2, Raptor included.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what year your E350 is, but the newer 6.2 in the van and super duty have a different plastic intake so you may need to swap your raptor intake as well.

OP
OP
Cookie_Monster
Reaction score
Replying to multiple comments:

"The cams are the same for all F-150s with the 6.2, Raptor included"

How can I confirm this? There is a great deal of discussion about the SD cams being different. Is the cam part number visible in the remanufactured heads on the HC2Z-6006-ABRM engine? if I can confirm they are GU7Z-6250-A / GU7Z-6250-B, I'm good, right?

"You doing this your self or having it done?"

I have a private shop doing the swap. I delivered the engine today.

"and what about the core?"

It's for sale. Location is Chattanooga, TN Let me know if you're interested

"The newer 6.2 in the van and super duty have a different plastic intake so you may need to swap your raptor intake as well."

The remanufactured long block did not come with intake, so I'm assuming this would be swapped from the original Raptor engine anyway.

Thanks for the help everyone - This whole thing has been a bit stressful. Hopefully I'm on the right track to getting it figured out and this truck will have a fresh start on life. 2014 / 125k / new OEM Fox shocks / headed for a PCM update [2014 recall] as soon as I get the motor replacement handled.

OP
OP
Cookie_Monster
Reaction score
Does anyone have the technical specs on the 'various' cams in the 6.2L? It sounds like there is only one cam design for all of the 6.2L variants. Any way to confirm this?

What I've gathered so far is

OE Production heads (Specific to Raptor)
AL3Z-6250-F
AL3Z-6250-E

Remanufactured heads (FC3Z head part number prefix):
GU7Z-6250-A
GU7Z-6250-B

For F-250 / F-350 / E-350
FC3Z-6250-A; FC3Z-6250-C
FC3Z-6250-B; FC3Z-6250-D

Can anyone confirm all 3 of these sets are the same or are the Raptor versions different? Anyone have the actual specs on these?