Moving Fog Lights off Fog Switch and Related Forscan Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the 2024, you have one of the OEM bumper lights wired to the fog switch and the other wired to Aux 1. You can use wiring harnesses from John @Specialtyperformanceparts to easily combine both bumper lights to the fog switch and reuse Aux 1 up top.

I wanted to run just the outside fog light in amber with the DRL using Auto light switch position. You can use Forscan to make that change and I ran it for a few days. The problem is that the fog does not come on when the headlights are on as the DRL circuit is off. And when it is daytime and running DRL, you can't turn off the fog if need to. I really liked having ability to turn my fogs on / off under any circumstances via Aux switches on previous Raptors.

I really prefer BD lights over Rigid (just a personal preference) and I wanted to upgrade to non-SAE lights and move them to Aux switches. So talked to John and he adjusted one of his kits to get me the right connectors / harnesses with the BD lights and brackets. Sure made the install easier!!

Now I have the Factory Amber bumper pair on Aux 3, the other white bumper light pair on Aux 4. With the cable harnesses from John, I also moved Aux 1 and Fog connection back up top for future use. I have plans for Aux 1 and Aux 2, but the Fog connection is just moved because that is how the wiring worked out and I can now easily return to OEM functionality when I sell the truck by simply switching a few connections in the engine bay.

I can now turn on one or both of the bumper light pairs depending on what I need at the time.....but....did not like having the OEM fog connection hot in case I accidently hit the fog switch. Also, if you do hit the fog switch it will throw a couple of DTC because the truck sees an open circuit. Took me a little bit to figure out the Forscan changes to disable the OEM fog switch and now everything works like I want it and no open circuits. Here are the ForScan changes in case anyone needs them.

Fog Disable.jpg