Morimoto MotoControl - High-beam Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elav

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Gen 1, 2011 Ford Raptor that came with the original halogen headlights. I bought a used pair of OEM HID headlights and the Morimoto MotoControl so they will work with my existing headlight harness. The headlights work and I can flash the high-beams but I can't get the high-beams to stay on. I know that you pull the steering column lever towards you a little bit to flash your high-beams and pull it more to keep the high-beams on, but I can't recall if it was simply triggering a relay or if the lever stays in the outer position. I would find it odd that the lever broke at the same time (and I did replace it 2 years ago).

Some additional information...
1. I did disconnect the battery and removed it to access the ground point below the battery tray - could I have fried a fuse when it reconnected?
2. The Morimoto MotoControl harness was a little too short - so I cut the harness that goes over to the driver's side and extended it by 14". This is soldered and has heat shrink on each wire - I don't think this is the issue, but I figured I would mention everything associated with this project.

Thanks for guidance on how to identify the issue!

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you push the stock to the front, it’s highbeam on constantly. When you pull it toward you slightly that’s just to flash the highbeams just checked it all.
It does lock in the forward position.

Last edited: