More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't regret it...a tune's not going to destroy your engine. If that were commonplace no one would ever risk it...

I am more than happy with the MPT tune...it REALLY wakes up the truck. Hard to believe it's a six cylinder....pulls like a v10

A tune was the last thing I had on my mind as I didn’t want to put my extended warranty in jeopardy... now I really want this MPT tune! you guys are killing me [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muska

Reaction score
Just put on an afe scorcher 2 weeks, now just ordered the more power tune. Damn thread lol

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put on an afe scorcher 2 weeks, now just ordered the more power tune. Damn thread lol

How did you like the scorcher? Noticeable difference.... I'd like to see your opinions on the gap between the two power wise

Muska

Reaction score
How did you like the scorcher? Noticeable difference.... I'd like to see your opinions on the gap between the two power wise

The scorcher woke the truck up for sure. It's the first piggy back tune I have ever used and wasn't expecting much so was impressed. More throttle response, a bit more boost too. Its way better than stick but I can tell it has some limitations.

Ordered the MPT last night but looks like a slight delay as they sold through their inventory. I'll follow back when it's all installed with my comparison feedback.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The scorcher woke the truck up for sure. It's the first piggy back tune I have ever used and wasn't expecting much so was impressed. More throttle response, a bit more boost too. Its way better than stick but I can tell it has some limitations.

Ordered the MPT last night but looks like a slight delay as they sold through their inventory. I'll follow back when it's all installed with my comparison feedback.

By inventory, are you referencing nGauges? If so, seems like you could buy one elsewhere and order the email tunes.

Muska

Reaction score
By inventory, are you referencing nGauges? If so, seems like you could buy one elsewhere and order the email tunes.

Yup that's what I'm talking about. Apparently was just a couple hour inventory issue as I just got a shipping notification.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those currently running the MPT tunes... Any different (better or worse) in MPG?

If I had to guess, I'd say worse as the additional power gives you a little heavier foot. Curious on 75-80mph cruising MPG, etc.

Currently I'm getting about 12.5-13mpg per tank. MPG gauge says 15'ish, but when I divide miles on trip by amount of gallons I fill up with, it's much different. :(

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gives you a little heavier foot.

The tune itself is not gonna give you any worse or better gas mileage necessarily it's all about the foot

Last edited:

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for sure like the tune more than 5star, I have the afe catted downpipes and turbo adapters, CAI, full race intercooler and 170 degree thermo....runs awesome! No cel, just power and smooth shifts! I put o2 sensor extenders post cats to help prevent cel. Great job!

That's a good setup