Looking for a true 35" tire with some good winter capabilities... help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upgrading wheels on my Gen 3 and looking for a true 35" (vs going 37") which will see a good amount of snow. I live in CO. I would love a more aggressive looking tire too. I'm putting on 1.5" RPG collars and they're going on a 17x9" wheel with a +1 offset.

Thanks!

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run duratracks on both my gen 1 and now get 2 for years. They perform well in the snow. I drive 285 up to aspen park everyday and we get some good snows up here at 8200 ft elev

OP
OP
Gregger

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've run duratracks on both my gen 1 and now get 2 for years. They perform well in the snow. I drive 285 up to aspen park everyday and we get some good snows up here at 8200 ft elev
I ran into cupping and tire noise issues with the last set of Duratracs I bought. Rotated and aligned correctly. I might give them a shot again. Sounds like you and I aren't far apart.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into cupping and tire noise issues with the last set of Duratracs I bought. Rotated and aligned correctly. I might give them a shot again. Sounds like you and I aren't far apart.
Never had that issue.. don't drive mine as much these days. My beater is the DD.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Falken AT3W or Toyo AT3 are you two best choices. K02 and Duratrac's are mediocre in comparison at least in my opinion. K02's pack up easily and don't have a lot of bite and do bad in the slush. Duratrac don't do good on compact snow/ice but do good off-road in deep snow, I just find Duratracs aren't good at all on road. The Falkens or Toyos likely your best all around option. I have the Falkens now and tow my UTV over PNW mountain passes all year long. With that said, I'd still want to try the new Toyo AT3 as I've read they are even better.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the Nitto Recon Grappler. New Tire now available on a 17 inch rim in 35. They look pretty darn good-hopefully someone throws these on their truck soon so we can get a review.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cooper STT Maxx. I run them on my Land Cruiser and on my F250 plow truck. If you want an off-road capable tire that also dominates ice and snow, it's the best. Not super loud and they wear well, too. We basically have six months of winter here so, yeah. No brainer.

Once I wear out the stock KO2s, they'll go on the Raptor.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score