Listen Up New Owners!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing that pissed me off with the detail kid.
He had preset all of the FM 1 radio stations on the sony system and was getting down while detailing my Raptor.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Cool yeah please let me know if the Novus polish works. If it does, I bet it can be covered with a screen protector afterward to ensure it can't get scratched anymore.

Sure will skyscraper.
I'm guessing my Raptor will be in the shop for over a week.

Oh.......I asked the service writer to skip the wash and detail after they fix it.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pass your experience to the GM. He or she will make it right and ensure that these issues don't happen again. Detail kid will be looking for a new job.

Good luck!

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^
I just went to my local Ford dealership. They are just a couple of miles away.
Nothing Morgan Hill can do at this point. They would say it's warranty work anyhow.

I was thinking the same thing Busa.
If the transport operator used the tow hooks to tie down my Raptor then he would have compressed the rear shock/suspension to its max for the bumper to bend. OH JOY
I looked at the pic of my truck while it was on the transport truck. Tow hooks do not look to have been used in anchoring down my Raptor.
Train transport is still a possibility. I'm betting it was a factory screwup though.

Attachments

• On the transport truck.jpg
    On the transport truck.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

LParkhurst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This scares me a little bit. Least I know some other things to look for before hitting that dotted line. At least mine is coming local, but still. I know **** happens but dang. I'd be less than happy.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to state the obvious but quality control on these trucks is not the best. I have own a few Toyotas and build quality is much better.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to state the obvious but quality control on these trucks is not the best. I have own a few Toyotas and build quality is much better.

I'm sure quality took a big hit also, now that the Dearborn truck plant has ramped up production output.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always good to check it out before delivery.

Wait until you take it off road for the first time and hammer it. Bashed in skid plates, rock chips, scratches and front to back pinstripes are a common occurrence!

Have fun with the new Raptor.

I have experienced these same issues...

Welcome OP. When you get the truck back, got any mods lined up?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

CraigBarish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a raptor, I ended up with a 13 FX4 instead. But nonetheless, I'm used to being around Mercedes as that's what my parents drive and I knew a Ford would not near match but a few things do surprise me. I got mine in September and noticed the other day my rear bumper isn't aligned in multiple ways. Dealer was great about it said its a common manufacturing error bring it in we'll fix it. So no big there. But there are things like the spacing between the doors on the left side are different than the right. And my passenger side headlamp has more space between it and the grille than the drivers side. These are things that can't be fixed. Still happy as hell with it. Wouldn't trade it for any Benz.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have experienced these same issues...

Welcome OP. When you get the truck back, got any mods lined up?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Thanks Yukon Joe.

I have a whole list of mods. I installed some of them right on the dealer lot.
More items are on there way via UPS and USPS.

I see you don't have the DeeZee tailgate assist on your sig.
What happened? Is it still on your Raptor?