Links ripped a hole in the axel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
No juicy story behind it. Just was Cruising along and started hearing a lot of metallic noise. And pow links ripped off

Found a guy with a welder and kept going.

Anyone else see this before? Factory weld didn’t snap it just ripped a bi ol hole

Attachments

• IMG_4494.jpeg
    IMG_4494.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_4496.jpeg
    IMG_4496.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4498.jpeg
    IMG_4498.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 192

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah, one side was a cold weld that didn't penetrate. The other weld held mightily in the one section it was a good weld and finally pulled out the tiny section that was actually a “good” weld. If welded properly those connections will never come loose. The axle tube and brackets can twist into a pretzel, but the welds will hold.

Thats just sh*t from Ford.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No juicy story behind it. Just was Cruising along and started hearing a lot of metallic noise. And pow links ripped off

Found a guy with a welder and kept going.

Anyone else see this before? Factory weld didn’t snap it just ripped a bi ol hole
Agree with @TwizzleStix on the cold weld, but this is one of the reasons I’m not a fan of the aftermarket rear links.

julien194b

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
starting to realize why Ford never ran a gen 3 in the Baja 1000.... Post covid quality right there.
I hope they did ...Some have run gen3 rather hardly offroad without problem...I think @KentSD was unlucky with this bad weld...

Last edited: