Lighted door sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the second set of sill plates to cut down and trim to fit the rear sills, just need time to work on them. It will most likely be a project I wait to do until the new Phoenix head unit comes in since the truck is currently at the body shop in winter storage.

Got this project wrapped up as well. If you aren't a handy person, I would not recommend attempting these. I ended up tracing the stock sill plates to the lighted ones, cut them down with a cut off wheel, sanded the ends smooth, filled the ends with hot glue to seal the plastic to the metal sill, painted the ends black to match, and installed them. They turned out great, just definitely takes some finesse. They don't fit the rear sill plates perfectly since they were made for the fronts, but they fit pretty well and now they all match. Only problem now is that the Husky liners partially cover them. lol

PXL_20240823_031523440.jpgPXL_20240823_031535591.jpg

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I leave it the way it is, or buy the OEM rubber floor mats. lol I'll just leave it the way it is because I like the coverage of the Husky Liners.
I have the Weathertech and just hate the front passenger slip and slide mat. No texture on the bottom to keep it from slipping around and of course Ford didn't put and fasteners for the passenger side like they have for the driver's side. Husky floor liners are on my wish list.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Weathertech and just hate the front passenger slip and slide mat. No texture on the bottom to keep it from slipping around and of course Ford didn't put and fasteners for the passenger side like they have for the driver's side. Husky floor liners are on my wish list.

Issue I had with the WeatherTechs is that they curled pretty bad on the ends.