Light throttle noise Gen1 IWE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Figured I'd post this for others looking for rattling/ pinging type noises, it's well documented all over but I had a hard time narrowing it down initially. I searched and searched and couldn't quite find this noise

It was present on light throttle usually 3rd-6th gears

But eventually I found info OF 9here and tested the IWE ports/vacuum and lines etc and determined that the passenger line was broken

Crazy that it had enough vacuum to be able to pull the drivers side most of the time while the passenger side had zero and was locked and only made the noise under certain light throttle position and consistently through heavy throttle but harder to hear.

I tested the 4x4 functionality and it seemed fine because the switch and vacuum was only engaging the one side, otherwise in 4x2 one side was spinning and the other wasn't and acting like an open diff I guess.

I tried to upload the video here for others searching but it was too large - here's a YT short of my noise

Also found this that closely resembled the noise @ 1:54

Thanks

Hope this helps someone new to Raptors that's not that familiar with them

Other search terms rattle rattling marbles pinging grinding

Last edited:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score

OP
OP
youreaspeedemon
Reaction score
I fixed the vacuum leak and it's good now. I think I may have referenced that post as well as other YouTube videos for testing. Also ordered a new Solenoid and vacuum line with check valve to have as spares

It's getting a little better mpg as well, but I idle too much with the a/c on so it's negligible.