Let's talk about the current market conditions for Gen 1 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Have a newborn - so consolidating my 2015 M3 and my Raptor and getting a BMW X3M. Probably not a popular decision around these parts.

can the raptor have a car seat? Hey bro, you do you. F what anyone else thinks cause they aren’t in your situation. If your family needs you to dump the truck then you do it and get another on the other side. Ford will still be here and so will Noah bitching at you for selling...:cheers:

OP
OP
allinon72

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can the raptor have a car seat? Hey bro, you do you. F what anyone else thinks cause they aren’t in your situation. If your family needs you to dump the truck then you do it and get another on the other side. Ford will still be here and so will Noah bitching at you for selling...:cheers:

Oh yeah Raptor features a car seat right now. But it's more about trying to combine the practicality of the Raptor (space and comfort) with the speed and performance of my M3. I'm a big BMW guy hence the X3M.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they pry my cold stiff fingers off the steering wheel..!! This Gen 1 will never be sold...until then! Best truck I ever owned and when after 1 1/2 years of ownership you still get a shit eating grin every time you look at it or drive it...just dont see the need to "Upgrade" to a Gen-2.:33:

Last edited:

Lacajun25

Reaction score
Oh yeah Raptor features a car seat right now. But it's more about trying to combine the practicality of the Raptor (space and comfort) with the speed and performance of my M3. I'm a big BMW guy hence the X3M.

Do you have another vehicle that wife/partner/baby mama drives (covering most bases not being insulting)? The X3 is the smaller/midsize suv/crossover and I imagine that interior space is smallish. I have an 8yo and a 3yo in carseat behind the drivers seat. I have a MDX and a prius (I know, shoot me) and my '13 raptor. The 3yo kicks my seat in the MDX and the prius, but not in the raptor, either out of respect (lol) or his legs just doesn't reach. Sure, I could switch the seats around but for various reasons, we keep the configuration this way.

You'll most likely have the car seat rear facing and in the middle, so less of an issue for you but something to think about. Hell, you may very well be in a different vehicle by the time it becomes an issue.

Do what you feel is best for you and your family. I think you'd be able to get 35-38k in a private sale. I've considered downsizing myself since we work from home and don't drive much nowadays but the MDX is the wife's and its nice to have a smaller car, much more nimble and quick. I still haven't gotten used to how big the raptor is and thus am not zipping in and out of traffic.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have another vehicle that wife/partner/baby mama drives (covering most bases not being insulting)? The X3 is the smaller/midsize suv/crossover and I imagine that interior space is smallish. I have an 8yo and a 3yo in carseat behind the drivers seat. I have a MDX and a prius (I know, shoot me) and my '13 raptor. The 3yo kicks my seat in the MDX and the prius, but not in the raptor, either out of respect (lol) or his legs just doesn't reach. Sure, I could switch the seats around but for various reasons, we keep the configuration this way.

You'll most likely have the car seat rear facing and in the middle, so less of an issue for you but something to think about. Hell, you may very well be in a different vehicle by the time it becomes an issue.

Do what you feel is best for you and your family. I think you'd be able to get 35-38k in a private sale. I've considered downsizing myself since we work from home and don't drive much nowadays but the MDX is the wife's and its nice to have a smaller car, much more nimble and quick. I still haven't gotten used to how big the raptor is and thus am not zipping in and out of traffic.

I bought the Raptor FOR THE KIDS I HAVE! Best three across car seat vehicle out there, unless you want a minivan!

386982D9-203F-4AE7-8839-2E76D231412D.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll sell mine...when the damn things wheels fall off. Even if they offered you a crazy amount like what would you replace it with? Funny how many are misguided with the financial side all the time, but some thing’s are about the experience. It’s about the journey not the destination...With the direction of the world the Gen3 seems more likely to have a Vespa engine than any decent engine so idk....seems risky
Mine, still drives like the day i drove it off the lot, brand spanking new, has been the best vehicle I have ever had. No way am I going to risk getting rid of this and getting into something else for a trade. Can always get other vehicles, will always keep this, like you said "WHEN THE WHEELS FALL OFF"