King shocks vs dual valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptortan

Reaction score
I’m looking into king shocks but I currently have a 24 dual valve suspension, I want to know if the king shocks are worth the upgrade compare to dual valve? I feel like Fox gonna take couple more years before the announce the dual valve upgrade suspension.

OP
OP
R

Raptortan

Reaction score
Ask yourself this question first- Are you out driving your suspension currently?
I went to Johnson valley and ride pretty hard, sometimes I can feel the shocks too soft, some of my friends tell me king perform better than fox on the dirt. So I want to if it’s worth it to get the king?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to Johnson valley and ride pretty hard, sometimes I can feel the shocks too soft, some of my friends tell me king perform better than fox on the dirt. So I want to if it’s worth it to get the king?
As I’ve heard its
More the spring rate vs the shock valving. Did you air down your tires properly?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh oh …. I thought the 24 dual values were the end all be all shocks worth calling it a 3.5 gen over. Already looking to upgrade?
:hidesbehindsofa:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im sure the Dual Live Valves are better than the previous OEM shocks, but truth be told, they are still a production car shock.

once the oil is cooked, its game over.. it should be easier to change the shock oil than it is..

any king or Fox race series shocks are going to be a better overall shock than what comes from the factory.. personally, Id wait and see what Fox offers for a factory race series setup, but you also can not go wrong with Kings

OP
OP
R

Raptortan

Reaction score
im sure the Dual Live Valves are better than the previous OEM shocks, but truth be told, they are still a production car shock.

once the oil is cooked, its game over.. it should be easier to change the shock oil than it is..

any king or Fox race series shocks are going to be a better overall shock than what comes from the factory.. personally, Id wait and see what Fox offers for a factory race series setup, but you also can not go wrong with Kings
Love the honest opinion, we had our guy have connections with Fox said the race series will come out in October but it’s only gonna be for single valve.dual valve will be next year and in production could be a year and half or maybe two years. And we go Offroad pretty hard so I’m thinking about switch the shock to race series but since gonna be too long so I’m thinking about switch to king

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love the honest opinion, we had our guy have connections with Fox said the race series will come out in October but it’s only gonna be for single valve.dual valve will be next year and in production could be a year and half or maybe two years. And we go Offroad pretty hard so I’m thinking about switch the shock to race series but since gonna be too long so I’m thinking about switch to king
You wont have real time modulation of compression/ rebound if you go w kings. As the signal processing and thus body control mapping are ford/fox proprietary.