Kilo Oscar Tre!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just got back from Discount Tire and my Gen 2 now sporting new rubber. The OEM KO2’s had 70,769 on them and DT couldn’t rotate two that were near-dead’s, tread-wise. I had been tire comparing for awhile and the more I read about the KO3, the more I liked. The August release was timely and my DT had 4, my size, on sale plus the military discount. Win win. As a bona fide old dude the kids at DT said KO3’s have a raised white letter option and we figured a guy like you (old) liked them showing. Absolutely! (In the 70’s raised white letter tires were certified BadA$$) So…they got rid of the shiny trashed lugs and installed black new ones.
Win again!
Overall after a few hundred paved miles in the mountains and heavy rain they’re across the board improved over the previous KO2’s. The best part is the quiet, except on grooved pavement they’re nearly silent with the windows up. Really. So far I give them the big thumbs up, off road testing is next….:)

IMG-2545.jpg

IMG-2546.jpg

V/R
Smokey

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I just got back from Discount Tire and my Gen 2 now sporting new rubber. The OEM KO2’s had 70,769 on them and DT couldn’t rotate two that were near-dead’s, tread-wise. I had been tire comparing for awhile and the more I read about the KO3, the more I liked. The August release was timely and my DT had 4, my size, on sale plus the military discount. Win win. As a bona fide old dude the kids at DT said KO3’s have a raised white letter option and we figured a guy like you (old) liked them showing. Absolutely! (In the 70’s raised white letter tires were certified BadA$$) So…they got rid of the shiny trashed lugs and installed black new ones.
Win again!
Overall after a few hundred paved miles in the mountains and heavy rain they’re across the board improved over the previous KO2’s. The best part is the quiet, except on grooved pavement they’re nearly silent with the windows up. Really. So far I give them the big thumbs up, off road testing is next….:)

View attachment 465794

View attachment 465795

V/R
Smokey
what load range? I read an article that stated some new very expensive manufacturing technique/ machinery is used to make the ko3 . This is why it took so long to ramp up. That being said the article stated better consistency in general also better balancing. It is hard running for my next tire. I have yokos now. They are very quiet. It shoild be noted that of course brand new tires are going to be nearly silent vs ko2’s with 70 k on them. Those things are loud as shit when they get over 25 k.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like fitting the truck in that garage is one heck of a tight squeeze.
I was seeing that as well, I'm just jealous he fits in the garage....tight or not. I'm relegated to the driveway unfortunately. Wife gets priority parking....

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
madness you got that out of k02s
Best set ive ever had lasted 37k until the sidewall got pierced

How did they balance? All my k02s always balanced like dooky, my coopers barely needed any weights.