Just saw my first 6.2!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Ford of Orange has a white 6.2L fully loaded $48K stiker + $10K mark-up..wont let me drive it but we got to hear it. Sounds quiter than the 5.4 @ idle. Looks like the fun is about to begin for all the waiters!!!

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good deal. Yeah with a $10k markup I wouldn't think they would let you drive it. Odd that it sounds quieter at startup.

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
Ford of Orange...they don't deal on these things. When they first 5.4s came out they were doing the same deal and offered 5K over and they wouldn't take it. I'm sure they wil find some poor sap to pay 10K over...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing what a premium ("over-sticker") add-on will do to people. Most look and walk away muttering, "I'd never pay over sticker for anything". Others scoff and say, "I'd never even pay sticker for a vehicle". And then there's a few who think the premium price makes it that much better and they say, "I gotta have that!" It only takes a few to pad the stealerships' pockets.

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
true... the only car we ever paid over sticker for was an 07 GT 500..$18k over but traded it in for $15K over. A guy that doesn't know anything about the Raptor will go in there and get caught up in the stealership hype

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are so many stories about people paying over sticker. Remember the Mazda Miata when it came out? Not sure of the actual numbers but I think it was about a $25,000 sticker and people paid as much as $10,000 (or more) over sticker! Charging a 40% premium is nucking futz and paying it is beyond that.

I wonder what Mr. Ten Thousand Dollar Premium's face will look like when he finds out that the 6.2 is the only motor they're putting in the Raptor for the rest of this year. I'd pay (a premium) to see that.

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
or when he finds out all the guys that paid under sticker!!!! kinda like the salesmans face when I told him i got my Raptor for invoice

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know Ford has come out with quite a few engines of late. The 6.2 for the Raptor, as we all know, but do we know if this is indeed the end to the 5.4 in the truck? If that's the case then the 5.4 will have the lowest total production numbers.......and horsepower.

Just asking...

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I know Ford has come out with quite a few engines of late. The 6.2 for the Raptor, as we all know, but do we know if this is indeed the end to the 5.4 in the truck? If that's the case then the 5.4 will have the lowest total production numbers.......and horsepower.

Just asking...

Yeah, the 5.4 is going away. I could maybe see it being offered still in the E series for another year but, Ford has already announced it and the 4.6 are being retired. I think this may have something to do with the rather late release of the '11's, I think they're getting everything in order for the new engines......3.7 3.5EB and 5.0.