Johnny_bravo00 Build, mods and maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Nicely done. You mean to tell me there are car thieves in Canada? I thought it was a nice, calm, serene place? Do you park on street? Was it stolen from a garage?

How did you paint the grill? Body shop did it same color as the truck? Is it now gloss black? Looks great. Cool license plate too.

as for the advice above on the lugs, solid advice. I've had them for years and even with impact wrenches, they've held up swapping from truck to truck. The OEM lugs swell and suck.

Oh yeah, car thefts are big business here in Canada atm. Governments gives thieves a little slap on the wrist then they're back out stealing again later that week. I've had two trucks stolen from my driveway. First was a 250~Lariat BP, then got a 22 Raptor 37PP as a replacement. That was stolen as well. First truck there was little to no theft deterrent. The Raptor, I had a GPS tag, steering wheel club, and keys always stored in a faraday box. Didn't matter, they locate the tags with a machine and toss them and cut the club.

The grill I had my dealership do the work. Explained what I wanted and they did it for me. They did say that it was more work than they were anticipating though. Its painted to match, gloss black. Vs the standard matte/satin black and silver.

I think I might snag a set of those black lug nuts once my bank account takes a break. I refuse to buy the cheap ones from amazon or whatever, knowing they rust practically overnight. I will throw the covers I bought on for now though.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Now that ive been driving this truck for a few days, I can confidently say that the 24 is a bit more refined than the 22 I owned (both 37). The look (personal opinion), the seats, the sound system, fit and finish. I could not be happier with this truck. By far my favorite to date.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Put the lug covers on. Had to cut 20 of the to length as they would have stuck out too far. Left 4 long for the lock nuts. They look good. Not amazing, I didnt even think about the tapered base, its still visible. But im still happy with the overall appearance. At a glance, they look like black lugs, and are guaranteed not to look like rusty crap cheap black lugs.
Later, I may swap them out for the McGard lugs as some member have recommended.

thumbnail_IMG_8983.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8993.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8994.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8995.jpg

Added a box net just for some of the light stuff. I think it looks pretty cool as well. Cheap amazon find.
I had the foldable OEM box extender in my last truck, which is obviously better. But.. This will do in the meantime.

thumbnail_IMG_8996.jpg

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Spent hours last night installing a dash cam only to have it short out and blow the fuse. Put another in, and blew that one too. Terrible feeling when you're doing something and you have no means to finish it.
I pulled the entire power cord back out from everywhere I had tucked it, and cant find any knicks, or reason it should be shorting, but I know its the power cord as it was working fine before I cut it and fuse tapped it to the panel.

I'm only running the camera while driving and am fine with that, tied to fuse 39.

I have a new power cord and some spare fuses ordered and they should be home before I get there, hopefully.

Side note: what a pain in the ass it is to work out of this panel
thumbnail_image2.jpgthumbnail_image3.jpgthumbnail_image7.jpgthumbnail_image8.jpg
thumbnail_image9.jpg

TXchris

Reaction score
Lovin the updates, just got myself a carbonized grey 2024 801a. I ordered the oem black lugs with the black wheel locks. Also installed a fitcam that draws power from the rear view mirror. Looking forward to seeing what you do next!