Is Avalanche a difficult color for a shop to paint match?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IceStationZ

Reaction score
I have a small group of 3" parallel scratches on a rear quarter panel that are thru the clear coat. 9 out of 10 people wouldn't notice and/or care but I am OCD about all my vehicles and am contemplating paying for a respray of the panel. My question is with regards to the relative difficulty of matching Avalanche? I know some colors are easy and some colors are extremely challenging. Anyone have any minor paintwork done on an Avalanche truck care to share their experience?

gt350shelby

Reaction score
I have a small group of 3" parallel scratches on a rear quarter panel that are thru the clear coat. 9 out of 10 people wouldn't notice and/or care but I am OCD about all my vehicles and am contemplating paying for a respray of the panel. My question is with regards to the relative difficulty of matching Avalanche? I know some colors are easy and some colors are extremely challenging. Anyone have any minor paintwork done on an Avalanche truck care to share their experience?
I had an avalanche grey gt350 that was keyed and the body shop did a great job matching the paint. They’ll get the paint code and take it from there by prepping the panel, sanding it down and painting it and clearing it. I’m an auto adjuster in and out of shops and avalanche grey is a flat color with no metallic flake. Super easy color to paint. I currently have a 37PP avalanche grey. Love the low maintenance color. Make sure the shop gives you a written guarantee on their workmanship, especially if you have OCD. Look for orange peel and overspray when you QA the truck and leave with it after repairs are done