How To Install a CV Fabrication Intercooler (also how to paint and remove IC shutters)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
In this video I show how to replace your factory small core intercooler with a larger intercooler from CV Fabrication. I also show how to remove the IC shutters which had to be removed in order to fit the larger IC. Overall this was a pretty easy project once I decided the shutters needed to go. Prior to making that decision, I was fighting with everything to get is all back into place. Learn from my frustration and just pull those bad boys out to fit that big ol' intercooler!

Any questions, let me know!

Diverdown3

Reaction score
What, if any, is the impact of removing the shutters?
Obviously some of the air that would be forced to pass through the IC with the shutter box in place can spill out where the bottom of the shutter box was previously. Probably not enough to matter, but there has to be some air resistance to passing through the IC. Having the shutter box present would force the air through the IC.