IAG Air Oil Separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roger7254

Reaction score
Decided to keep my UPR catch can after watching the IAG installation video, as the installation was too difficult for my level. UPR catch can does the job well, and I don't want to add the separated oil back into the engine.
Can someone educate me on the process and implications of adding back the oil separated by a catch can? Is it okay to add back oil that may be contaminated?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joey.Donatelli

Joey.Donatelli

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to keep my UPR catch can after watching the IAG installation video, as the installation was too difficult for my level. UPR catch can does the job well, and I don't want to add the separated oil back into the engine.
Can someone educate me on the process and implications of adding back the oil separated by a catch can? Is it okay to add back oil that may be contaminated?
I agree the install on the IAG is definitely more in-depth but I do like the idea of not needing to empty or think about the catch can after install.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the IAG AOS on my Gen 2, yes the install was a bit involved, but it's in there and I guess it works. The reason I went in that direction was because of @GooseTuned recommendation, I had asked Winfield about a catch can and he suggested the AOS

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one in my Subaru. It’s a great option if you drive year round in extreme conditions - extreme hot and cold.

The IAG AA AOS is heated via engine coolant and you don’t get that oil ****** in the catch can. The oil is then dropped back into the oil pan. This is for “environmental” reasons. IAG has an OAS competition that dumps the oil.

It’s a bit of a mess and a tight install.

IMG_4543.jpeg
It’s buried in the back. You guys can make fun of my Subaru and me being a lesbian. I like pu$$y.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
lol $500. So many cheaper options to accomplish the same goal.
There’s nothing like the IAG AOS on the market.

Watch the video

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to a cool dude, I was one of the first R&D testers for this. I’m happy I’ve had it on my truck for a long time now. The install isn’t bad if you watch the install video. I should have watched the entire video before I started, but I didn’t.

Daneger

Reaction score
So I have some thoughts on the IAG system…

Why hasn’t Ford or other makes implemented a system like this that is maintenance free like it says? I thought the reason catch cans don’t come on vehicles is that they require a lot of maintenance that most don’t know how to do. It seems like the foamy crap that collects in the catch can is not something you want pushed back into your engine. My understanding is the catch can collects water condensation as well from the air that is forced into the block. Wouldn’t collecting and discarding this crap be the best option?