How many accessory belt's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monte87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-
How many accessory belts do these 3.5 EB engines have on our raptors? I have that belt squeak going on, brought to dealer last week when i had roof seal and exhaust valve rattles looked at and those got approved for repair. But the accessory belt squeal when turning wheel to extreme right and left could not be heard. I told them on Cold-start, but i guess thats the reason it was not present. Either way, now it squeals at idle and must be changed, not going to deal with squeaks and squeals at 27k miles... ridiculous. I will buy myself and repair or try and make video so its undeniable proof. and must be replaced....

Thanks Anthony

Reaction score
Hey guys-
How many accessory belts do these 3.5 EB engines have on our raptors? I have that belt squeak going on, brought to dealer last week when i had roof seal and exhaust valve rattles looked at and those got approved for repair. But the accessory belt squeal when turning wheel to extreme right and left could not be heard. I told them on Cold-start, but i guess thats the reason it was not present. Either way, now it squeals at idle and must be changed, not going to deal with squeaks and squeals at 27k miles... ridiculous. I will buy myself and repair or try and make video so its undeniable proof. and must be replaced....

Thanks Anthony
I'd be guessing about the Gen3, but its one accessary belt and one drive belt on the Gen2. I have replaced both on my Gen2, the drive belt it easy, the accessary is a nightmare.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be guessing about the Gen3, but its one accessary belt and one drive belt on the Gen2. I have replaced both on my Gen2, the drive belt it easy, the accessary is a nightmare.
You mean the crank to A/c compressor is a nightmare?
Thanks for replY!
Anthony

BigTaco

Reaction score
Anthony,
The best way to change the AC belt is to cut it off. You can then easily replace the main belt. For the new belt, you can use zip ties to install the new AC belt.