Help! Slight Eibach regret

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rnlaw

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what kind of difference I would see in the ride quality after rebuilding the shocks but removing the Eibachs and replacing the front with new OEM springs?

I have a 2019 I recently bought. I love the truck, but the ride was pretty rough. I installed rebuilt shocks and new Eibach springs. I love the new ride quality, but I can’t get used to the look of the front end. I just continually feel like it is too much of a lift. I decided to try to look into getting 37’s in order to close some of the front wheel gap. (I’m not going to be jumping this truck or running it off road in any rugged way. I know, I know.) After reading all your posts, I decided against the 37’s because I felt that the load range was going to have a bigger impact on the ride quality than simply replaicing the front springs.

jdholder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a stock 2017

I put Eibach and Deavers on. Rebuild shocks.

I didn’t like the look too much fender gap in front.

Looked at 37’s. Bought 37’s. Didn’t like the loss of mpg.

Didn't like the ride (not enough front droop with Eibachs).

Hurt my knee. Needed to change ride height back to stock.

Traded the 37’s for 35’s.

Removed the Eibach’s. Returned to stock. Kept the Deavers and the truck is level.

Regained the mpg.

Regained the smooth ride.

Love my Raptor again.

My suggestion:

Deavers in the rear are awesome. Get rid of the factory block with Deavers. Rebuild all shocks.
Be happy.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we need a bit more information, 2019..but how many miles? Stock Live Valves? Have you checked the ride height calibration? If they were all OEM and unless it's 70k miles or so the ride shouldn't be rough on all stock suspension. But yes, I would just go with OEM springs but I'm still trying to understand the rebuilding part.

OP
OP
R

rnlaw

Reaction score
I think we need a bit more information, 2019..but how many miles? Stock Live Valves? Have you checked the ride height calibration? If they were all OEM and unless it's 70k miles or so the ride shouldn't be rough on all stock suspension. But yes, I would just go with OEM springs but I'm still trying to understand the rebuilding part.
I have 88K miles. I bought rebiilt shocks rebuilt by Hammer Shocks. I have not been able to get the ride calibration checked because the dealership near me is incompetent. I talked to them about calibrating my right height because I had read in the forums that needed to be done. But they looked at me with Mel’s wide open and said they didn’t understand why that was necessary and wasn’t sure if they could do it.

OP
OP
R

rnlaw

Reaction score
I bought a stock 2017

I put Eibach and Deavers on. Rebuild shocks.

I didn’t like the look too much fender gap in front.

Looked at 37’s. Bought 37’s. Didn’t like the loss of mpg.

Didn't like the ride (not enough front droop with Eibachs).

Hurt my knee. Needed to change ride height back to stock.

Traded the 37’s for 35’s.

Removed the Eibach’s. Returned to stock. Kept the Deavers and the truck is level.

Regained the mpg.

Regained the smooth ride.

Love my Raptor again.

My suggestion:

Deavers in the rear are awesome. Get rid of the factory block with Deavers. Rebuild all shocks.
Be happy.
You have just described exactly my thought process in this whole thing. I think this is exactly what I’m afraid would happen, so I’m really leaning towards OEM Springs with 35s, but with new 17’s with a more aggressive offset.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 88K miles. I bought rebiilt shocks rebuilt by Hammer Shocks. I have not been able to get the ride calibration checked because the dealership near me is incompetent. I talked to them about calibrating my right height because I had read in the forums that needed to be done. But they looked at me with Mel’s wide open and said they didn’t understand why that was necessary and wasn’t sure if they could do it.
Pretty easy to do if you have forscan, there is a full write up on it here. Yeah if they have 88k now I can see why you got the rebuilt shocks. I'm on 35's with the stock setup, I am running 1.5" Icon setup but it's the same after I did the ride height recalibration.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meaning the suspension rides like factory OEM (same) with the 1.5" leveling kit and the ride height recalibration done, with the live valve suspension.