Helmet Requirement for Texas Raptor Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
HA HA..

I know right....They all have the same unique smell of soggy-dirt and Tecate :)

Yup. I washed my padding once, it was so dirty. I keep telling myself that I am going to buy a Carbon Fiber one soon, and it will never smell nasty... As if those extra dollars will keep it nice.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash your helmet with a hose and woolite? It will come out clean and won't mess up any glue that might be in there. I do mine at the end of each season

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Wash your helmet with a hose and woolite? It will come out clean and won't mess up any glue that might be in there. I do mine at the end of each season

I always pull the padding out of my race helmet after every season and run it though a sink full of water, once I can squeeze the padding and it doesnt come out dirty I call it good. Still stinks though, can't wash the whole helmet because of the intercom wiring.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
As a side note, if you drag race, NHRA requires Snell ratings for helmets. Anything faster than 13.99 sec requires a helmet.