Heavy load and squatting on Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlsalehNaser

Reaction score
Greetings

I'm looking for springs on my 2022 Gen 3 Raptor 35 and I have on my bed about 150-200 KG more or less (330-440lbs) with RCI load bar, iKamper skycamp mini, 80 liter water tank + 50-100 KG additional weight. (not sure exactly what is the total weight). However, I have multiple options and idea but not sure what is the best and I’m between both Geiser and Eibach HD. (as they mentioned Geiser will be available in late Aug or Early Sep)

1- Front and rear Geiser.

2- Front Geiser and Rear Eibach

3- Front Stock and rear Geiser

4- Front Stock and rear Eibach

Note:

A- The weight on my bed usually will be on my truck from October - February and then mostly every thing will be removed from the bed during summer.

B- I might run 37s on my next set of tires but not really sure.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run an overland setup with a pretty sizable load in the bed as well. This is on 17's and 37" tires.

Eibach 1.5” Springs and the Airlift 1000 bag setup in the rear. I didn’t inflate the bags for the photos below (they stay @ 5lbs). They rode great and the truck still felt balanced but you feel the weight in back. I have RPG 1.5” front perches and RPG Full tie rods to round out the front end. I put the perches in before the Eibach kit was released for the truck. So I haven’t removed the fronts and put the Eibach springs in yet. Down the road.

1721676743404.png

1721676768590.png

1721676568370.png

SDHQ JORDAN

Reaction score
Eibach has a great kit for your truck. It is their Pro-HD kit and it is designed to lift the front of the truck 2.2" and the rear anywhere from 0.6"-2.3" depending on the load. This will also allow you to run the 37s when you decide to upgrade as well. Also, a great kit when you do not plan to have any weight in the bed of the truck as well, and it will put you back around the factory rake.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach has a great kit for your truck. It is their Pro-HD kit and it is designed to lift the front of the truck 2.2" and the rear anywhere from 0.6"-2.3" depending on the load. This will also allow you to run the 37s when you decide to upgrade as well. Also, a great kit when you do not plan to have any weight in the bed of the truck as well, and it will put you back around the factory rake.

I have the Eibach springs in the rear already. Just haven’t pushed to take apart the front suspension again for springs.

OP
OP
AlsalehNaser

AlsalehNaser

Reaction score

So you suggest to go with Eibach HD-Pro kit and not Geiser!

ihavearaptor

Reaction score
Hopping in here as I'm in a similar boat. Super Pacific x1 camper on the back (~350lbs), and full cabinetry buildout with powered cooler, 11L water, etc. With all my gear and bike racks on I'm probably sitting around 600-700lbs total additional weight. I've been using airlift kit which levels the truck out great but limits its offroad capability a little bit. I don't do anything crazy but when I go to Moab etc I want to be able to push the truck a little.

The eibach HD are certainly less expensive than the Geiser, but I'm afraid I would be back around stock height when loaded up and I also eventually want to to the 1.5" front perch and go to 37's when I need new tires. The photos on Geisers site with a claimed 700lbs in the bed looks like it might be the ticket. I'll probably still keep the airbags in since it's nice to adjust the level of the truck for camping and just air them down completely when going off road.

I wish that Geiser would state their height compared to stock when loaded up. From what I can tell on their site description, they lift 1.5", and then loaded they lost 1"? So .5" lift over stock?

Anywhoo, pics for fun

Truck Pic 1.JPGTruck Pic 2.jpg

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe SDI has a nice setup. I’m going to upgrade my suspension very soon. I’ll be looking at all options. I appreciate the info you have added. Add me to the squatty club lol, then add 100mph through whoops to it.

Attachments

• IMG_4307.jpeg
    IMG_4307.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
AlsalehNaser

AlsalehNaser

Reaction score
Well, it is really complicated to choose between Gieser and Eibatch kits both have their pros and cons.

Zybane

Reaction score
I went with the Eibach HD spring kit for my overland setup. I'll be at about max vehicle gross weight, so I'll probably need to add 1 to 1.5" perches with the Eibach HD's in the rear. I'll also be running 38's on my 37PP truck.

Attachments

• 20240517_112655.jpg
    20240517_112655.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240528_094853.jpg
    20240528_094853.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 20