Hard shell roll up Tonneau cover options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATXtor

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a Revolver X4"s". It's crap. They ruined it (old x2 and X4) with "new" cheesy, flimsy, plastic corners at the tailgate that you can pull off with a fingernail, leaving a 1" hole ,inches from the release cord. They will get knocked off constantly. Wussy plastic butterfly and wuss-pin. (Seriously! Zoom on that last pic and look at the design; you'll get a good laugh!). It's the lamest, worst, "upgrade" I have ever seen, "in LIFE!"; top-3 anyway. It's a BIG step backwards. I just ordered the Sentury CT to replace it, but despise the the notion of velcro all the same -- but there's your choices -- X4"s"hit, or velcro. I cant succumb to stupid, so I went with velcro.
The X4s, and "BAK" for that matter, is now dead to me --they're all incestuous in this space anyway, so I just made a horizontal swap within the same enterprise! Irony!
Massive waste of time. CS said they take calls "every day" for this problem and it's being "considered" for redesign. Buyer-beware "everywhere" these days!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 21
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

ktrent

Reaction score
X4S hands down best cover in my opinion that definitely checks all the boxes and zero bed space lost, also more water resistant than roll covers with drain tracks.

If you dont mind loosing bed space the retrax is good but the truck covers USA American roll cover has much more of a raptor feel and the canister is way smaller than retrax.

we have the retrax, tcusa, and some flip styles on our fleet trucks but after having the X4S on my current raptor I will not look back.