Group Buy for an aftermarket Hood/Bed Graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys/Gals,

I'm trying to gauge interest to see if anyone would be interested in a group buy on an aftermarket Hood/Bed graphics.

Long story short forum member Richie_chi did this to his Terrain:

14924d1357537947-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal-3.jpg

14925d1357623038-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal2.jpg

14926d1357537987-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal-5.jpg

14927d1357623047-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal-4.jpg

14928d1357623047-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal-6.jpg

We all know how expensive OEM graphics are and that I was looking to do color options beyond black, I reached out to Richie_chi for his installer's (Chris) contact info.

I have talk to Chris twice and we have been in touch via email. I was very specific about what I was looking for and he was willing to produce the graphics.

For the sake of this post and as an example, I asked Chris to produce a hood and bed graphic similar to the pics above with some small tweaks:

- I wanted him to use 3M 1080 Military Green (You can see all the 3M 1080 Colors Here)
- I wanted the hood graphics to come all the way down the front as oppose to the OEM graphic which leaves the front lip uncovered.
- I wanted to the hood graphic to have the same logo as the 2012 OEM hood graphic minus the "F-150"

He told me my request was doable and quoted me $370 shipped. Please note this is for Hood and Bed graphics pre-cut and delivered to your door. I assume the price would be cheaper if you just wanted a hood graphic.

Chris told me he would be willing to make graphics for others but that he did not want 100 guys calling him. He wanted to deal with one person. I would be willing to do this. Given that I do not know this guy personally, I can't promise anything. I will do my best to relay what you want in your graphic.

For the sake of simplicity, let's just use 3M products. 3M makes other vinyl products beyond their 1080 series, like 3M Di-Noc, which is very expensive. BTW, if you need to hold the actual 3M vinyl sample in your hand then goto ebay an order it. I have and it's cheap.

So, PM me and tell me what you want and let's see what happens.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds interesting. I am bookmarking this thread and see how things progress. Thank you for doing some of the leg work on this.

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's one good looking raptor! Hey raptor 911 if you need any help from me just let me know

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice ill think about what i want a little more and ill let u know soon.

Thanks for doin some work on this

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys/Gals,

14924d1357537947-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal-3.jpg

14925d1357623038-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal2.jpg

14926d1357537987-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal-5.jpg

14927d1357623047-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal-4.jpg

14928d1357623047-shes-finally-here-raptor-decal-6.jpg

We all know how expensive OEM graphics are and that I was looking to do color options beyond black, I reached out to Richie_chi for his installer's (Chris) contact info.

I have talk to Chris twice and we have been in touch via email. I was very specific about what I was looking for and he was willing to produce the graphics.

For the sake of this post and as an example, I asked Chris to produce a hood and bed graphic similar to the pics above with some small tweaks:

- I wanted him to use 3M 1080 Military Green (You can see all the 3M 1080 Colors Here)
- I wanted the hood graphics to come all the way down the front as oppose to the OEM graphic which leaves the front lip uncovered.
- I wanted to the hood graphic to have the same logo as the 2012 OEM hood graphic minus the "F-150"

He told me my request was doable and quoted me $370 shipped. Please note this is for Hood and Bed graphics pre-cut and delivered to your door. I assume the price would be cheaper if you just wanted a hood graphic.

Chris told me he would be willing to make graphics for others but that he did not want 100 guys calling him. He wanted to deal with one person. I would be willing to do this. Given that I do not know this guy personally, I can't promise anything. I will do my best to relay what you want in your graphic.

For the sake of simplicity, let's just use 3M products. 3M makes other vinyl products beyond their 1080 series, like 3M Di-Noc, which is very expensive. BTW, if you need to hold the actual 3M vinyl sample in your hand then goto ebay an order it. I have and it's cheap.

So, PM me and tell me what you want and let's see what happens.

Thank you,

I'm game for the Hood graphics. I want the bed graphics but I would be worried about snagging the edges of the stickers when washing the truck or detailing it. Thoughts?

Last edited:

kjbeggs

Reaction score
Definitely interested in this. Originally didn't think i wanted the graphics (and knew I didn't want to spend $2K for them, but seeing some black on black has me thinking I was wrong.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does he have the ability to make it exactly like the OEM with the 2 tones of black (flat and satin) on the decals? Looks like those side graphics are all gloss/satin. The factory ones are 2 toned and really gives it a nice touch.

I have the factory hood graphic. I never saw the bed graphcis in person since I ordered a '12 the day the order banks opened, and I hate the 2010-2011 side graphics. After seeing the '12-13 graphics in person I want them now lol

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in the hood graphic, but agree the satin and gloss finishes look best. Also would want the decal to come all the way to the front edge of the hood. Not a big fan of how it just comes most of the way down the hood...