Got it back from the dyno now the battery dies.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
obviously different but my wifes jeep had a draw we couldnt find for the life of us. Jeep built relays into the fusebox that were inaccessable for testing or replacement. so it killed the battery. 500$ later a new fusebox and batter and she was good to go. These new vehicles are so complex these electrical issues can be a huge pain. Really hope its something simple!
We had an Expedition that had issue with a built into fuse box relay also.
Relay was for fuel pump but would shut whole truck down while driving.
After a few other attempted fixes and LOTS of searching, I came across a couple threads showing same issue.
Someone on FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) had a REALLY well detailed fix.
Had pics that showed exactly the same trouble. Had amazon link for replacement relay and/or repaired fuse boxes that someone was exchanging because it was so common. As soon as I got it torn out, it was obviously burnt up.
Only a few dollars for the relay and I wasn't competent enough to think I could un-solder and re-solder install new, so electrician maintenance friend at work did that part. I will admit I was nervous tearing apart an otherwise good running vehicle thinking I may wreck something major.
But all good after. Integrating a relay into such a complicated fuse box seems like a bad design.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a common problem on the 09-14s as noted.

The rear glass shattering from using defrost is problematic, as is the 3rd brake light seal leaking. The satellite receiver seal on the roof can leak too. Rear doors also have issues with the wiring breaking where it goes from the body to the door.