Good or bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
250 miles on mine so far. no off road playing yet, but we do have a road by the house that will bottom out my duc on every pothole, and i've hit it at about 50 mph multiple times, which would rattle the panels off my Cayenne or my Silverado.

No rattles, squeaks, squeals or anything out of the ordinary.

I trolled up a list of the complaints people have had about their 12's and went through mine looking for anything:
disconnected running lights
power steering pump hose issues
bad latches on doors

so far nothing - the only thing I see is that the power steering fluid level is about 1/2 inch too high, which I'm going to remedy this morning.

Absolutely awesome truck. the most fun is parking the thing next to any other truck and making it feel height challenged.

by next weekend it should be broken in enough for me to go find some dirt.

NolaRaptor

Reaction score
After having this truck for 2 weeks and 2200 miles I can say this thing is awesome and exceeded all my expectations. Yea their are some things I don't like but nothing is going to be the exact way you want it. All we can do is make them better with some mods!!!

grievesk

Reaction score
When driving on the highway, I notice my driver side door mirror shakes just a touch, enough to catch my peripheral vision and irritate me! No other problems tho in 1000 miles.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
only complaint i have is a low squeaky sound from the front driver side incab have no clue what it is but with music on i cant hear it so other then that i love it!!!

The Brit

Reaction score
I do have one observation. With the longer front doors from the first gen, Ford should have added one more notch on the door hold open. Something between the first and second notch to aide in urban parking lots.

My wife and I both had the same comment on the door opening. it's either a bit too narrow or if left unchecked could open into the side of another car.

The one thing I wish the truck had is automatic wipers. I thought it was a silly idea until I had them on my previous car. It's an awesome feature and the truck has pretty much everything...

HaleOfBay

Reaction score
doors opening to far??? you have a raptor and youre parking in the parking spots thats the problem. drive it up over a couple of curbs and park in the nicely landscaped islands, problem solved and its a more natural setting. if anyone asks say it has that auto park thing the other fords have and thats where it went, if they still wont leave you alone just point to the svt on the side

Raptor78

Reaction score
doors opening to far??? you have a raptor and youre parking in the parking spots thats the problem. drive it up over a couple of curbs and park in the nicely landscaped islands, problem solved and its a more natural setting. if anyone asks say it has that auto park thing the other fords have and thats where it went, if they still wont leave you alone just point to the svt on the side

THATS GREAT!!!:favorites13: LOL....

GOT MINE ON JAN.6TH , HAS 1300 MILES ON HER , DRIVE HER EVERYDAY.....NOT ONE COMPLAINT!:waytogo:

jrubin80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 Weeks and 600 miles in for me. Positives are compared to my 2007 Screw this thing is built like a tank. Nothing rattled, everything feels solid. MPG is actually better than expected, with 12.4 avg, 1/2 hwy, 1/2 city. Seats are comfortable and work out for my 45 minute commute.

Negatives would be the remote start issue others have mentioned already. Also Its crazy how Ford couldn't put HID's from the factory. The light output is really quite bad. Disclaimer, my wife drives a 2012 Lincoln MKT and we also have a new GT vert, both with factory HID's. Also I think adaptive headlights would be nice in the $50k+ price point.

Other than that, this truck is amazing, and while I haven't had time to get it onto dirt yet, the thing puts a grin on my face every time I see it.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had mine for about 2 months now. Its a great truck. I have no complaints at all other than it didn't come with a supercharger!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs