Good dealers in Texas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Mike Hail in Houston: (979) 532-4360. I'm in Dallas but his son at Starwood Customs referred me to his dealership for ordering and he took great care of me.

Von - Wil Ford Inc.
316 N. Richmond Road, Wharton, TX 77488-3840

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Von-Wil?? I would be highly surprised if they had 1 allocation. They probably sell a couple hundred vehicles (trucks included) total a year, unless something has changed? But if you were hooked up, maybe so...

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Von-Wil?? I would be highly surprised if they had 1 allocation. They probably sell a couple hundred vehicles (trucks included) total a year, unless something has changed? But if you were hooked up, maybe so...

I put in a call to them yesterday and they claimed there were a few folks that have already ordered Raptors. I've spoken to them twice and have yet to get a price. They didn't even ask what options I wanted during the first call. I'm assuming that is a bad sign but maybe they'll call me this week to surprise me with a great deal...I'm not holding my breath though.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in a call to them yesterday and they claimed there were a few folks that have already ordered Raptors. I've spoken to them twice and have yet to get a price. They didn't even ask what options I wanted during the first call. I'm assuming that is a bad sign but maybe they'll call me this week to surprise me with a great deal...I'm not holding my breath though.

Shopping does not hurt, but I would not hold my breath with them. The town of Wharton has less than 10K people in it, it is not Houston, but about 60 miles SW of Houston.
I'm surprised someone there new what a raptor was....

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shopping does not hurt, but I would not hold my breath with them. The town of Wharton has less than 10K people in it, it is not Houston, but about 60 miles SW of Houston.
I'm surprised someone there new what a raptor was....

I'm definitely not. I'm just looking around right now and am not quite sure if I'm ready to move from my 2014 to a 2017. I got my 2014 at invoice and still love driving it so it'll be hard for me to justify even paying MSRP. I'm in no hurry but am curious to find a dealer close to Houston that will sell between invoice and MSRP. I may be waiting a long time.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely not. I'm just looking around right now and am not quite sure if I'm ready to move from my 2014 to a 2017. I got my 2014 at invoice and still love driving it so it'll be hard for me to justify even paying MSRP. I'm in no hurry but am curious to find a dealer close to Houston that will sell between invoice and MSRP. I may be waiting a long time.

Best of luck to you. It is baby steps for me, after paying over sticker for another car, I told myself I would not bay a dime over sticker, the dealer originally agreed but when it came time to enter the order they tried the mark-up talk. I promptly told them they got a good bonus from me once and that it wouldn't happen again. I don't need the truck, rather wanted one. They agreed to sticker and we ordered.
Not the most wise decision I will grant, but as long as you are okay with whatever deal then who cares. I'll have plenty of time for regrets pending the next economic melt down just like I did in '07 - this time w/o an additional 15K over sticker! Dumb-ass I was!:baby: Baby steps that are trending in the right direction anyway...

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you. It is baby steps for me, after paying over sticker for another car, I told myself I would not bay a dime over sticker, the dealer originally agreed but when it came time to enter the order they tried the mark-up talk. I promptly told them they got a good bonus from me once and that it wouldn't happen again. I don't need the truck, rather wanted one. They agreed to sticker and we ordered.
Not the most wise decision I will grant, but as long as you are okay with whatever deal then who cares. I'll have plenty of time for regrets pending the next economic melt down just like I did in '07 - this time w/o an additional 15K over sticker! Dumb-ass I was!:baby: Baby steps that are trending in the right direction anyway...

Thank you! I think I'll likely have to expand my search outside of Texas and just remain patient.

And we all make dumb financial mistakes(at least I hope we're not the only two. Haha) we just need to make sure we don't make the same mistake twice.

Good luck to you too! Keep us posted if you find what you're looking for!

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I think I'll likely have to expand my search outside of Texas and just remain patient.

And we all make dumb financial mistakes(at least I hope we're not the only two. Haha) we just need to make sure we don't make the same mistake twice.

Oh no! I'm ordered - at MSRP. from Mac in Georgetown. Hoping to get good news this week on any progressions...I'm unscheduled/clean as of last week.

I dove in head first

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Oh no! I'm ordered - from Mac in Georgetown. Hoping to get good news this week on any progressions...I'm unscheduled/clean as of last week.

I dove in head first

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no! I'm ordered - at MSRP. from Mac in Georgetown. Hoping to get good news this week on any progressions...I'm unscheduled/clean as of last week.

I dove in head first

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Oh no! I'm ordered - from Mac in Georgetown. Hoping to get good news this week on any progressions...I'm unscheduled/clean as of last week.

I dove in head first

I that case, congratulations! Hopefully, they'll schedule your build date soon.

Atxdds

Reaction score
Mac in georgetown

I went in to Mac in Georgetown. They told me 10k over sticker. How did you get msrp. They would not even negotiate.