Gen 3 Transmission Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the B&M pan, dipstick, fluid, gasket, filter and fluid. Kinda looked around and haven’t seen anyone with a gen 3 do all of these. Will do the dipstick by myself, but thinking of paying a shop the labor to drain the fluid, change the pan and filter. Will make life easier in the future (hopefully) to service the trans fluid.

Thoughts?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Picked up the B&M pan, dipstick, fluid, gasket, filter and fluid. Kinda looked around and haven’t seen anyone with a gen 3 do all of these. Will do the dipstick by myself, but thinking of paying a shop the labor to drain the fluid, change the pan and filter. Will make life easier in the future (hopefully) to service the trans fluid.

Thoughts?
Lots of threads about transmissions crapping out after servicing. Be careful.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of threads about transmissions crapping out after servicing. Be careful.

Had the transmission crap out on my 2019 after the dealer servicing the transmission. Biggest issue is the fill level which they didn’t get right 2x, so definitely on my mind. What I thought I’d do is hook up my scanner to monitor the temp, run it up to the check temp and check it. Make sure it’s the same after service whether I do it myself or a shop does it.