Gen 3 raptor won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good thing is you came to the forum, we are your lucky charm, it will get fixed, there's no way you should have to go through this with a brand new vehicle. Keep updating us.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’ve had the same issue 3x with no fix, do not feel bashful about calling Ford and escalating the issue to the Regional rep ASAP. Let Ford know of the issue and give them an opportunity to assist. It helps everyone. Good luck......
It won't hurt to mention that you're getting advice from the Raptor forum... it is suddenly a public problem for them.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like somebody else said make sure your keys are plenty far away from the vehicle Especially overnight. My buddy had the same problem with the BMW a few years ago couple of trips to the dealer tech finally said to him where do you keep the key? Turns out, On a hook in the garage is not a good place…car knows it’s there and there is much more draw from the battery.

20174x4

Reaction score
I wonder if the battery is underpowered? Just shooting from the hip here.
I have a 2019 Roush Stage 3 and that battery is a very weak battery for the car. Maybe an aftermarket/better battery would fix the issue? Just a thought.
Shouldn't have to replace a brand new battery though. Weird.
This interesting. I always see my voltage on the Uniden and compared to my Gen2 with optima yellow top, this battery spends much more time in the upper 12s and low/mid 13V than the gen2. This is probably normal.

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I will look into one of those now. Funny brand new truck and having to worry about needing a jump.
I'd start looking into your state's lemon law. Where I live it is 3 repair attempts in the first year or out of service for 30 cumulative days. I'd keep all the documentation from the repair attempts as well as detailed notes. Videos of it not starting would help. If the next repair attempt doesn't work i'd find an attorney. There are plenty of attorneys where that's all they do so they know the process and the reps from the manufactures. Not having a reliable car is kind of a big deal.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like somebody else said make sure your keys are plenty far away from the vehicle Especially overnight. My buddy had the same problem with the BMW a few years ago couple of trips to the dealer tech finally said to him where do you keep the key? Turns out, On a hook in the garage is not a good place…car knows it’s there and there is much more draw from the battery.
Interesting. My Gen2 keys stay in my truck, in an alarm protected garage. Never had an issue

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope this helps.

When you put truck into park. Wait 30second before shutting truck off. OTA update should be coming soon.

I had same issue day 2 of ownership. Luckily have friends in good places, hasn’t happened since.
@zboilla Did you try this? It sounds pretty simple and I'm curious to know if it works...lol