Gen 3 Common issues we are now seeing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys are having issues with the exhaust modes not working, and getting a screen that says “turn truck off exhaust hot” I took it yesterday to get diagnosed found out the modules needed to be updated and reseted after that I was back to normal. Just in case this info helps anybody

CarNDrvr

Reaction score
I now have a little over 800 miles on my 2023. Had it roughly a month now. Not sure if this is an issue yet or not but my transmission seemed to not go into reverse immediately today. I did a remote start. Got in the truck and hit the start button. Waited for family to all get in. Pushed brake and put in reverse. It didn’t go into gear. I revved it a little and then it clunked into gear. Anyone else have this?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I now have a little over 800 miles on my 2023. Had it roughly a month now. Not sure if this is an issue yet or not but my transmission seemed to not go into reverse immediately today. I did a remote start. Got in the truck and hit the start button. Waited for family to all get in. Pushed brake and put in reverse. It didn’t go into gear. I revved it a little and then it clunked into gear. Anyone else have this?
It needs at least a second or two to apply the reverse clutch, especially when cold. Is that what you’re concerned about?

CarNDrvr

Reaction score
It needs at least a second or two to apply the reverse clutch, especially when cold. Is that what you’re concerned about?
Well I’ve driven it this long and never wondered why it didn’t go into gear before. I put it in reverse and waited for it to engage like I always do and it never did until I revved it a little. Seemed more than just the short pause it normally takes. It was enough to make me think “what’s going on here”.

Mallon3194

Reaction score
Buy back approved for exhaust rattle?
Not for the rattle. It won’t select modes, the actuator is jammed and it’s been in multiple times parts on back order, (Aug 29th) along with electrical issues. Yes the problems don’t seem like they warrant a buy back, but when the vehicle is in and out of the dealership sometimes they’re for multiple weeks with no resolution that’s the stinger! And clearly Ford agrees!

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for the rattle. It won’t select modes, the actuator is jammed and it’s been in multiple times parts on back order, (Aug 29th) along with electrical issues. Yes the problems don’t seem like they warrant a buy back, but when the vehicle is in and out of the dealership sometimes they’re for multiple weeks with no resolution that’s the stinger! And clearly Ford agrees!
I don’t disagree with it. My 2022 had the rattle, luckily my 2023 doesn’t. It was pretty annoying, sounded like a VW bug

Mallon3194

Reaction score
Good job. Did you have to pester them much?
Good job. Did you have to pester them much?
Not at all, the fact the truck has been in and out the dealership for over 2 months combined time, really ***** up fords options anything past 30 days for a warranty fix is considered a (lemon law case) in CA. I just want the truck fixed I don’t want to have to do the buy back, but I’d rather have options to than have to keep going in and out with the truck. The issues are bearable I knew buying the truck there would be new issues being a new model, it’s the back and forth and changing work schedules to get the truck in and out of the dealership and the hassle to get a rental! Posting this to show that you can hold ford/dealerships accountable for what they’re selling as I see a lot of people having issues!

Mallon3194

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with it. My 2022 had the rattle, luckily my 2023 doesn’t. It was pretty annoying, sounded like a VW bug
Yea I’ve had the rattle from probably the third week of owning the truck, (ford is aware and is working on a solution) is what I was told, that’s was fine, but then this shit happend the truck sounds like it’s got a blow out, constant ****** sound at any speed lol

Did you get a good deal on a 23? They are still asking 20k over here around me for them!