Gen 3 boost tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would like details on Cobb+K&N if you have a minute to share. Much appreciated!

In essence its the same as the gen 2 set up.

The boost tubes are a weak link between the turbos and the intake as theyre restrictive. The k&n set up is super solid as obviously k&n is a proven name, but imo it fits better on the gen 3 than the AMS did ones on the gen 2 due to tightness.

The COBB intake is my favorjte CAI. You wont gain 100 horsepower off it. The main benefit is a larger filter, slightly more turbo noise, and some bling under the hood by an awesome company based out of Texas.

I run both. As does Winfield. I think theyre super solid in all honesty and help you keep a slightly cooler temp. But overall its mostly turbo noise and they can be tuned to get a few horsepower off of it. Winfield would be exact figures but maybe 15 if I had to guess? Shoot me a message if youd like and Ill bundle price them together. Ill also link them separately below.

Turns out I need to create a website profile for the k&n boost tubes but Ill work on that tonight.

But its solo retail price is $399

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 3 here. I have the Full-Race intercooler. It came with some hard pipes, but not all of them. I have a couple of K&N ones to make up the rest of the system. I also run the COBB carbon fiber intake and it all works together. The Full-Race tubes are down under. K&N tubes up top. Edited to add pictures.

Attachments

• E55E7D15-79A9-48D1-B77B-609664E07E25.jpeg
    E55E7D15-79A9-48D1-B77B-609664E07E25.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 171E6920-711A-4C9A-85E4-14CA6080F2AD.jpeg
    171E6920-711A-4C9A-85E4-14CA6080F2AD.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 1C678D90-204C-48FA-8C5B-D981E4A89C76.jpeg
    1C678D90-204C-48FA-8C5B-D981E4A89C76.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

F23 raptor

Reaction score
Gen 3 here. I have the Full-Race intercooler. It came with some hard pipes, but not all of them. I have a couple of K&N ones to make up the rest of the system. I also run the COBB carbon fiber intake and it all works together. The Full-Race tubes are down under. K&N tubes up top. Edited to add pictures.
Any noticeable difference in the boost tubes from K&N? performance or sound? Seem like they are a smoother more efficient tube over stock?

Minimal gains it seems with the SPD downpipes but compared to stock they look way better and less restrictive. They sound absolutely amazing as well.
TIA!

Jack55

Reaction score
Would upgrading to K&N boost tubes yield any power without a tune? And also would it throws any codes? Might be my next project

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would upgrading to K&N boost tubes yield any power without a tune? And also would it throws any codes? Might be my next project
No codes, and not really any power either. It’ll flow better and have better transient boost response though. It’ll also support more power down the road.

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any noticeable difference in the boost tubes from K&N? performance or sound? Seem like they are a smoother more efficient tube over stock?

Minimal gains it seems with the SPD downpipes but compared to stock they look way better and less restrictive. They sound absolutely amazing as well.
TIA!
I can't fully answer your questions about the K&N parts because I did multiple mods at the same time. I do not think they would make much difference in sound. They might without any air filter installed, but that would not be wise lol. I don't think they add much horsepower or torque to stock trucks, or tuned stock turbo trucks either. The main reason I have them is so they do not collapse into themselves with the larger turbos under higher boost. The stock tubes are definitely a restricting factor with the larger turbos.

I do like the SPD pipes and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to modify their exhaust. They are a very high quality product, but if they are paired with stock turbos, there won't be much gain in power. I think I took some videos of the stock truck with SPD pipes, and also with the stock pipes. I will post the videos if I have them. I could easily post videos of the stock truck with stock pipes vs my modded truck, but it would not be completely apples to apples due to the other mods.

Wunder

Reaction score
How do you like the Full Race Intercooler? I am trying to decide between that and the COBB. Any suggestions or thoughts? Differences?