Gen 2 Steering Wheel Replacement Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Las Tortugas

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 2020 Raptor SuperCRew and this is my first post (of several) regarding items that need to be addressed on my truck.

The steering wheel on my truck has multiple scratches on the silver/grey trim and I would like to rectify that. Is the only option to replace the steering wheel entirely.....or are these pieces available individually? If I do decide to replace the steering wheel, what are some high-end options that improve on the Ford design?

Thanks for the help.

IMG_E7891.JPG

VegasG2

Reaction score
Same dilemma as you few years back. Bugged the sh@t out of me. Cheapest replacement I’ve seen is CJ Pony Parts at $470 vs. FoMoCo $620. Just follow the steering wheel removal instructions to the letter, you don’t want the airbag explosive going off. That trim piece comes off completely. Light sanding in between several coats, I think I did 4.

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2247.png
    IMG_2247.png
    397 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Las Tortugas

Las Tortugas

Reaction score
So that trim piece can be popped off? That might be the best option because Ford Motor Parts wants $1,300 for that steering wheel.

VegasG2

Reaction score
You have to take off the steering wheel first.

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 22

vk35

Reaction score
Check out this thread. I painted the plastic trim and sowed a leather cover all for under $60. Looks like a brand new steering wheel.

SRQ_Raptor

Reaction score
I replaced my steering wheel last weekend with the one pictured below. Carbon fiber and perforated leather, Amazon for $300 and an hour and a half of my time. Will it hold up as long as the stock wheel? Who knows, but for that price its a gamble I am willing to take. It looks great imo and feels amazing. Install took about an hour and a half, including a 30 minute wait after disconnecting my battery.

F10F0A4C-86AE-4C11-94F2-5B45F9EC0F51_1_105_c.jpeg

Reptar854

Reaction score
71071605982__84836429-BECC-4FE7-A1F5-914CB5BA85BE.fullsizerender.JPG
SRQ_Raptor's looks great and at an amazing price. I went a similar yet little more expensive route, I dig it with the suede though. OP, if you're looking to add carbon fiber trim you can find just that single trim piece on the steering wheel for sale as well. I had mine done through Zencarbonfiber.com. Theres a whole thread on his work on here.

SRQ_Raptor

Reaction score
View attachment 459929
SRQ_Raptor's looks great and at an amazing price. I went a similar yet little more expensive route, I dig it with the suede though. OP, if you're looking to add carbon fiber trim you can find just that single trim piece on the steering wheel for sale as well. I had mine done through Zencarbonfiber.com. Theres a whole thread on his work on here.
This also looks great. I imagine it feels great in the hand too.