Gen 2 Need to Know - SVC UCA, Tie Rods, and FRS 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A305Raptor

Reaction score
I have an order of Fox RS 3.0 F&R, SVC UCA, and SVC tie rods coming soon for my 2018. What are some of the critical things I need to do, watch out for, and keep in mind when installing these?

My current suspension setup consists of stock wheels, stock shocks (62K), Icon leaves, Eibach springs (Should I switch them over to the new shocks?).

Will I need other supporting mods that I'm missing?

This is my first major suspension modification, so I want to know what I'm getting myself into. Most of what I'm finding don't the forums are for Gen 1.

Any help, advice, and pointers are always greatly appreciated!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would leave the 3.0's alone, don't put those shit springs on there... I wouldn't change the tie rods either, no point unless you have to for some reason? Do you have the right size socket for the front shock bolts? They are 31 or 32mm i think? They are highly torqued, 406ft lbs I think? Be very careful not to ****** the speed/ABS wires. Just take your time, it isn't a hard job.

OP
OP
A

A305Raptor

Reaction score
I probably don't. Typically, I would work on my truck at a friend's place, so I will make sure one of us has that size.

What about the UCA? People discussed drilling out and area so the ball joints or something would fit. Is that something that would need to be done?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I probably don't. Typically, I would work on my truck at a friend's place, so I will make sure one of us has that size.

What about the UCA? People discussed drilling out and area so the ball joints or something would fit. Is that something that would need to be done?
That's for the tie rods, not the UCA.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the 3.0's, use the springs that come with it. I'd also use larger washers for the top bolts. Those suckers are way to small. I think there have been a few people reporting that they've come loose. I can't point you to the thread but I can tell you when I took my 3.0's off my 2018 the top bolts were no longer tight. They weren't loose but they weren't tight either. If you are doing hard offroading, I'd make it a point to check them regularly.

OP
OP
A

A305Raptor

Reaction score
So, I can't stay on the factory wheels for the UCA? Would I need to go aftermarket with a 0 offset?

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I can't stay on the factory wheels for the UCA? Would I need to go aftermarket with a 0 offset?
0 offset sticks out about 1 3/8” over stock, you’ll get more splash on your doors but the width effectively lengthens travel and you can find aftermarket wheels that are lighter than stock too

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you do the SVC UCA you do have to drill out the spindle top where your UCA attaches. It’s on SVC’s website in the instructions. I did the SVC UCA, & their Tie Rods I would do it again. If I didn’t have them installed.