Gen 1 to Gen 2 Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:)
Actually quite a few cutting oils out there that help things along.
Part of what I do for a living, so I have tried more than I ever wanted to.
Right tools, drills, bits, fluids, can help.
But usually still takes some muscle and effort.
Remember adding trailer hitch to my 1980 Bronco years ago.
That was miserable drilling.
I remember the first time I tried drilling a bunch of holes through a curved skidplate that I thought was nice, soft aluminum. By the time I realized it was stainless steel I had wrecked the drill bits, flattened the punch, and run out of patience. That's when I discovered the joy of using a plasma cutter to make round(ish) holes with zero effort.

OP
OP
SilverGen1

SilverGen1

Reaction score
So the Gen 1 Eibach coil springs will fit INSIDE View attachment 454333 the 3.0 Gen 2 Foxes? And what kind of clearance do you end up with on the
P-side between the top of the bucket and the motor & AC lines? I've got the liners out (on project "someday"), because I was already replacing everything but the engine, and it was just easier... especially with the 16 spark plugs.
Yes, sorry I didn’t see this earlier. It’s up to your discrection, you can run gen 1 or gen 2 springs. My thought process was, the gen 1 is heavier, the gen 1 eibach springs are rated for the heavier gen 1, so why switch to gen 2 springs. They fit perfectly fine. And there is enough clearance on top of the buckets, not a big deal.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ended up selling my new Gen 1 shocks with the Geisers, so it looks like I'm going with a pair of "lightly used" 2017 shocks & springs with the SSV coil adjusters.