Gen 1 Raptor owner from Calgary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!

OP
OP
BlueHound

BlueHound

Reaction score
Hey gang, posted this in the Gen 1 section and was recommended I reply here to get more eyes.

I'm having an issue with my ignition/turning key to start. Its been getting stiffer for about a week, hard to turn the key to start. Today now I cant turn it past ACC position to start it.

- First things I checked were: is it in park? - "P" is illuminated on dash so I assume this isnt it. I cant shift it out of park either (while pressing brake)
- Wiggle steering wheel while trying to turn key (wheel actually isn't locked at all like usually is) ive turned the damn thing over 90 degrees in both directions while trying to turn key - no go
- Lock cylinder issue? - I removed the cylinder, lubricated it, works just fine (turns fully when removed)
- Tried spare key as well, tapping key nothing
- I also disconnected the battery and touched terminals for full 5 mins to reset everything
- No trouble codes found on my reader

Remote start wont work (I made sure to close the hood)

Anyone else experience this before or have any ideas on what I can try next? Appreciate any help you guys and gals may have!