GEN 1 Gen 1 Fox Shocks weight & dimensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MS-Raptor

Reaction score
Sorry if this subject has been previously addressed, i want to ship my shocks to Fox in Minnesota from Medellin Colombia to have them them rebuilt but i need the weight and dimensions to get freight cost. Does anyone have this information. Fox won't share the info and Ford is not replying. I will send all four without the front coil springs.

Gen 1 2013 SVT EXT Cab

Reply from Fox today;

"Thank you for reaching out to us for information on rebuilding your Ford Raptor shocks. We would need the part number off the shock to give an exact estimate. But here is the typical cost to rebuild Raptor shocks: $150.00 per shock - $175.00 per shock for a basic rebuild. This estimate covers a comprehensive inspection of all parts, a complete teardown and cleaning, as well as the installation of new seals, oil, and nitrogen. If, during the rebuilding process, we discover any additional parts that require replacement, we will promptly contact you for approval before proceeding with any work that exceeds $100.00.

Please keep in mind that the prices mentioned above are subject to change depending on the specific type of shock absorber and the extent of the damage.

Once we receive your shocks, our current turnaround time for the rebuilding process is estimated to be between 5-7 business days.

If you would like to proceed with our service, kindly fill out the service request form available at service.ridefox.com"

OP
OP
MS-Raptor

MS-Raptor

Reaction score
Gumby Quick question, i have a bedliner, but i'm guessing there's factory holes for tie downs in the bed? It's not very convenient to have nothing to strap things too. All the hooks i find online are for 2015 and above.

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just shipped mine to TSW and the package weight for all 4 shocks was 65lbs. In the US at least and with FedEx, you can avoid a weight surcharge if you ship in separate boxes. I found this out after it was too late.

BlueHound

Reaction score
Gumby Quick question, i have a bedliner, but i'm guessing there's factory holes for tie downs in the bed? It's not very convenient to have nothing to strap things too. All the hooks i find online are for 2015 and above.
Not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but to add the pocket stake hooks (which are super helpful to have). You need to drill and router out the caps on the bed rails. This is the kit I got and it’s awesome (comes with the bit and they have a very detailed install video)

Bull Ring 4056 FXT- for 2007-2014 Ford Short Bed​

OP
OP
MS-Raptor

MS-Raptor

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but to add the pocket stake hooks (which are super helpful to have). You need to drill and router out the caps on the bed rails. This is the kit I got and it’s awesome (comes with the bit and they have a very detailed install video)

Bull Ring 4056 FXT- for 2007-2014 Ford Short Bed​

Thank BlueHound, those are great but i can't use them since i have a rail for my bed cover, i was referring to holes for the hooks inside the bed in the lower part of the bed like these, but all of these are for 2015 and up.

Screen Shot 2024-08-27 at 17.02.53.png