Gen 1 coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My search kept bringing up raptor baby engines and coils.

6.2 coils, what are current best options. (I got burned using aftermarket on my Kowasaki, blew it's brain... expensive.)

I'm approaching 100,000 and would like to change coils. Best place to buy?

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We talking coil springs or spark plug coils?

I got these -

or......you could get them from Ford dealer and spend $800.

Don't know if they are bootlegs, but.....they look like the real thing. All numbers on them match and bags look legit. If not, the manufacturer went to an extraordinary length to fake these things.

But......what do I know.

Been on my truck for 2 weeks. Runs like new.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We talking coil springs or spark plug coils?

I got these -

or......you could get them from Ford dealer and spend $800.

Don't know if they are bootlegs, but.....they look like the real thing. All numbers on them match and bags look legit. If not, the manufacturer went to an extraordinary length to fake these things.

But......what do I know.

Been on my truck for 2 weeks. Runs like new.
Damn,thats a killer price,and been looking to replace mine soon...Excellent they are working for you...BUT I'm always leery of sellers on Ebay offering items for 75% off retail...if its too good to be true comes to mind...and makes me wonder,just where are all those sellers getting their products.....(your link is just one of MANY sellers selling same coils)...are they real,fakes or stolen...do these guys work for Ford and walk out with pockets full....
Do agree....they sure look real,and packaging is great...but you would be amazed of all the fake products on Ebay (and Amazon too)...been burned with "health" products...where packaging was 100%..
My concern is not only getting bad/fake coils and losing the $$..but heck...all the labor to install and reinstall good ones if they go bad....
Just my 2 cents....and still undecided where I will actually buy.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. I had this thought when I purchased these. 2 weeks in and they are working fine, so..... I guess we'll see in 6 months or a year.
Yep..only time will tell...learned my lesson with a fuel pump for my BMW...had the brilliant idea of buying off Ebay and saving $125 or so...lasted 3 days...again,not so much losing the $,but the labor to redo...damn pump is inside the gas tank.... :-(
Have a great 4th..!!
:waytogo:

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep..only time will tell...learned my lesson with a fuel pump for my BMW...had the brilliant idea of buying off Ebay and saving $125 or so...lasted 3 days...again,not so much losing the $,but the labor to redo...damn pump is inside the gas tank.... :-(
Have a great 4th..!!
:waytogo:
Agreed. If the potential savings is only 25%-35%, then I prefer to go with the guaranteed OEM item (these days/after having been burned a few times over the years). For a savings of 75%, though......depending on what the item is, I may be willing to risk it. Especially if I am doing the labor.