Gen 1 Bump Stop Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DENO

Reaction score
Hey,

I’m the owner of a 2010 Raptor. I’m also the third owner. The shocks are blown and being rebuilt soon. While we were doing that repair I wanted to upgrade to Hydraulic Bump Stops.

Basically I’m unclear as to size I need (2.0-2.5?). And are bump stops for front and rear? Or, rear only? And once I get them how do I install them-do I need mounting brackets, or do you make them yourself? Denver, CO-Area

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, for the gen 1 people generally get 2.5 bumps. Most the time it is just for the rear as that is where people are experiencing issues with bent frames. I have RPGs stage 3 kit which includes the frame support kit, fox 2.5 bump stops, and deaver leaf springs. Also, I am in Denver if u ever want top check out my kit. I live near dtc but go all over the metro area for work. Lemme know

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey,

I’m the owner of a 2010 Raptor. I’m also the third owner. The shocks are blown and being rebuilt soon. While we were doing that repair I wanted to upgrade to Hydraulic Bump Stops.

Basically I’m unclear as to size I need (2.0-2.5?). And are bump stops for front and rear? Or, rear only? And once I get them how do I install them-do I need mounting brackets, or do you make them yourself? Denver, CO-Area
Rear only. I have the adjustable SVC kit with the frame support. Works fine. I like being able to adjust it - originally was going to for towing, but it turns out it was unneeded with my +3 Deavers. Still a nice add on for a variety of reasons. I'm in the Denver area as well - DTC and Littleton.
You find a good place to get your shocks rebuilt?

OP
OP
DENO

DENO

Reaction score
Cool-rear only on the bump stops. Are the Deaver leaf springs necessary, or can the stock springs work? (Thanks for the info!) I’m on a budget. I’ve got a guy at EnduroTech who will rebuild my FOX 2.5 shocks for $600. And I’ve got a guy who can get me “at cost” price on the Bump stops and brackets. I’m really just trying to make my Raptor a little cooler than it was stock. Currently don’t have a big budget to work with and I’m planning more upgrades in the future.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

To help answer some of your questions. Most bumps are on the rear. ICON has their own bump shock that are 2.0’s. I cannot get their kit without the shocks. The RPG uses a 2.5” Fox or King bump shock. If you can already get the shocks, we sell the RPG Stage 1 kit that will include what you need and you just need to put the bump shocks in. And yes, you can use the stock leafs. An RPG Stage 2 just includes the shocks and a Stage 3 includes the Deaver leafs. So you most definitely can move up in stages as your budget allows.

Recently Forged Offroad designed a bump for the front that works with the stock LCA. You can use Fox or Kings on those as well. I have it on mine and like it.

If you would like to know more on the RPG products and/or would like a FRF member pricing, just send me a PM.

7F72CE86-5D3A-4981-BEAF-CE7C0E6DE885.jpeg

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool-rear only on the bump stops. Are the Deaver leaf springs necessary, or can the stock springs work? (Thanks for the info!) I’m on a budget. I’ve got a guy at EnduroTech who will rebuild my FOX 2.5 shocks for $600. And I’ve got a guy who can get me “at cost” price on the Bump stops and brackets. I’m really just trying to make my Raptor a little cooler than it was stock. Currently don’t have a big budget to work with and I’m planning more upgrades in the future.

Is EnduroTech local? I haven't heard of them. Shipping on these things is nasty. I have a local guy rebuild mine.

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To help answer some of your questions. Most bumps are on the rear. ICON has their own bump shock that are 2.0’s. I cannot get their kit without the shocks. The RPG uses a 2.5” Fox or King bump shock. If you can already get the shocks, we sell the RPG Stage 1 kit that will include what you need and you just need to put the bump shocks in. And yes, you can use the stock leafs. An RPG Stage 2 just includes the shocks and a Stage 3 includes the Deaver leafs. So you most definitely can move up in stages as your budget allows.

Recently Forged Offroad designed a bump for the front that works with the stock LCA. You can use Fox or Kings on those as well. I have it on mine and like it.

If you would like to know more on the RPG products and/or would like a FRF member pricing, just send me a PM.

View attachment 122967

Do you have a picture of your truck sitting on the ground? Id be worried the bump will be making contact at ride height with it mounted so close to the frame.

Thanks,

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Do you have a picture of your truck sitting on the ground? Id be worried the bump will be making contact at ride height with it mounted so close to the frame.

Thanks,

Sure. I don’t have any issue with daily driving with or without the sway bar. If you want to completely eliminate it, let out the nitrogen for running on the street and add it when off-roading. I run mine at 75psi.

Freedom Motorsports became a Forged Off-road reseller so I can get these for FRF members now.

C57D4F79-BD24-44D7-8534-528A8C570D08.jpeg

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure. I don’t have any issue with daily driving with or without the sway bar. If you want to completely eliminate it, let out the nitrogen for running on the street and add it when off-roading. I run mine at 75psi.

Freedom Motorsports became a Forged Off-road reseller so I can get these for FRF members now.

View attachment 124487

Thank you for the pic. Looks like a decent amount of space before contact. I think id rather shorten the stroke of the bump stop a 1/2" to keep it from contacting to soon rather then mess with the nitro charge.
thx again!

Gorzz

Reaction score

View attachment 124487
I realize this is

View attachment 124487