Fuse 27 and 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to take a look at the fuse tomorrow, I probably jinxed myself.
I'll be changing the rear view camera on my daughter's 2013 Escape Titanium.
Dealer wanted over $935 plus tax for the job, I just got the camera from Tasca for $303.15
I can buy a lot beer with $600

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a look at the fuse tomorrow, I probably jinxed myself.
I'll be changing the rear view camera on my daughter's 2013 Escape Titanium.
Dealer wanted over $935 plus tax for the job, I just got the camera from Tasca for $303.15
I can buy a lot beer with $600
Man if you weren't tucked into the opposite corner of the country I was going to offer to help you change the camera...and by that I mean drink your beer.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Told my buddy who was unaware of the problem 2 weeks ago. He has 165,000 on an '11. A few days back, 4 in the afternoon, he's back in the mountain land he owns and his truck won't start. Damned lucky he was able to get a phone signal.

And yes, the fuse was fried. Your choice to be stranded when the fix IS easy....
Unless you're color blind, then have a helper. Took me a little over an hour and only because I over insulate repairs to wiring.

OP
OP
GWBush

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man if you weren't tucked into the opposite corner of the country I was going to offer to help you change the camera...and by that I mean drink your beer.

. Buhahahaaa. Love this place already!!

I’ll do it when the kit arrives today. Was just interested in the data as the TSB specifically calls out 2012/13 SVT Raptors AND other 09-14 “trucks” so wondered if there was an unintentional design change that was specific to those models.

Will change for peace of mind. Trust me, it would be my damn luck to melt 27 100 miles from nowhere.

Thanks all for your replies.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, I put the kit in, and new tires, when I was heading to some back country BLM land. Might see another person out there, or not. No phone signal. Not where I want a fried fuse...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: I did my daughter's rear camera, It took under an hour to swap out!!!
What the hell, Ford really wants $935 plus tax to do the job.

Anyway, here's a pic of the mini fuse sitting in place where the micro fuse was.
Changed it back in July 2013 still looking new!!!
I can tell you those cheap ass Ford micro fuses don't make full contact in the slots.
Especially if you don't put them in just right!
A name brand fuse will do better I believe as well.

I bet all you need is to do is change to the mini fuse for #27
As long as the contact points aren't compromised in the box already.
IMG_20201222_113813070.jpg

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: I did my daughter's rear camera, It took under an hour to swap out!!!
What the hell, Ford really wants $935 plus tax to do the job.

Anyway, here's a pic of the mini fuse sitting in place where the micro fuse was.
Changed it back in July 2013 still looking new!!!
I can tell you those cheap ass Ford micro fuses don't make full contact in the slots.
Especially if you don't put them in just right!
A name brand fuse will do better I believe as well.

I bet all you need is to do is change to the mini fuse for #27
As long as the contact points aren't compromised in the box already.
View attachment 158485
unfortunately not. its the contact points that melt causing the fuse to blow. so stop being lazy and swap it our already

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying you shouldn't do the fix, I'm just pointing out that my solution works just as well.

As long as the contact groove is not already melted.

I've been supercharged and have the upgraded fuel pump in for 8 years now and no issues.
Just saying.

If you look at the micro fuse's blades when you pull it out you can see the contact is just on the outside edge of the blade.
The micro blades, if you push them in on an angle it will push the contact groove of to the side of the blade and that's were some of the problem lies.

The Mini fuses blades are slightly fatter(hard to really tell) but much wider so the contact groove sits directly in the center of the mini blades.

Last edited: