GEN 2 FTMUL $6000 3.5 eco tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diverdown3

Reaction score
Yup, good point. You’re right. I see the logic in what he’s saying, you have it apart already, let’s not have it come back for something that could require additional surgery.
I like taking advantage of labor costs once their into something. Saves in the long run. your additional cost is not much more than the parts. Costs the same to reinstall old hoses as vs. new with longer life. I've chosen that route for years.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That vid is gold. All my coolant lines have a split forming. May tackle this one myself.
There's got to be a better way. I'm now concerned about this. Wonder if it would be as easy as peeling off their $hitty crimp sleeves and just using clamps. However, I suspect many of the fittings are plastic so over tightening clamps could cause their own problems. And having said such, the plastic fittings rule out going to AN fittings.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's got to be a better way. I'm now concerned about this. Wonder if it would be as easy as peeling off their $hitty crimp sleeves and just using clamps. However, I suspect many of the fittings are plastic so over tightening clamps could cause their own problems. And having said such, the plastic fittings rule out going to AN fittings.
Could go to a hydraulic hose shop and have them crimp down the hoses with specific id/od thickness and material. Those lines handle 2300lbs of static load.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sooo here is a coulpe lines but don't know anything about their quality: