Front Fender Removal?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the glass fenders I didn't notice any additional noise and definitely no smell. I think you might have something else going on.

Reaction score
Front Fender Removal

Probably 90 of the owners bought the bike for the front fender and lines...............and you are taking it off? Should have just got a HD. Wide Glide.............

Interesting................

DEXRAPTURD

Reaction score
I recently replaced my front left fender with a stock front fender (hit a gate, going to fast...) since then, i have a bit more motor noise inside the cab. but the most annoying this is i can smell the heat from my motor under hard acceleration. I am 95% sure it is from removing the foam piece between the door and the fender. I found some 3m tape used for traction on concrete that i covered the most of the gap. This helped but not sealed. I am hesitant to use the foam in the can to permanently seal this area off. Has anyone else experienced this? if so, is there a better solution than the can of foam?
I too have glass fenders and the noise was not that much more than what stock sounded like. I would check else where. You can always foam in a bag to seal stuff like that. Dont put to much foam in the bag though. It could get messy once it expands outside of the bag.