FordPass New Version

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Ive deleted my FordPass app and account crap, emailed Ford to delete my info and wiped my Fords clean of their connections. **** Ford and their thieving accountants…

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Ford…

“Beginning October 1, 2024, you'll earn 5 Points per $1 spent** on qualifying Ford Service and parts (previously, it was 10 Points per $1 spent).”

I assume that’s up here in Canada only.
I don't give a shit what they do up until they restore the owners ability to update the maintenance records in the app. Otherwise the most useful feature is lost... even though I used others.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most reward programs are not that great. I’d never collect any points cuz I just don’t go to the dealer.

Ford shouldn’t have touched the app. It’s not better now. I still have remaining mileage as a percent. Stupid

I’ll use my Ford points. That’s pretty much it.

INDO-RAPTOR

Reaction score
I agree with many if you. This new version is a poor replacement compared to the previous version. Now, we all lost the ability to annotate maintenance or any other work that the owner executes themselves or through a third party, outside of a Ford dealership, within the app. It was great to be able to bring up previous work, entered within the app, when you are talking to a service advisor at the Ford dealership. Basically, owners have been excluded from accurate records keeping within a previously useful app.

FORD, bring back the maintenance entry capabilities we previously had!!!!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I agree with many if you. This new version is a poor replacement compared to the previous version. Now, we all lost the ability to annotate maintenance or any other work that the owner executes themselves or through a third party, outside of a Ford dealership, within the app. It was great to be able to bring up previous work, entered within the app, when you are talking to a service advisor at the Ford dealership. Basically, owners have been excluded from accurate records keeping within a previously useful app.

FORD, bring back the maintenance entry capabilities we previously had!!!!
No, just f*ck Fords app. It was only useful to Ford as their “legal” tool to get your personal usage data so they could sell it for marketing money. Im so sick of this sh*t.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, just f*ck Fords app. It was only useful to Ford as their “legal” tool to get your personal usage data so they could sell it for marketing money. Im so sick of this sh*t.
On my gen 2 I had to remove fuse 10 as well. I consider my vehicle speed and location to be private. It's a three-contact fuse serving two circuits, so you have to replace the one that's there with a two-prong. Or you could accidentally put too much current through the one side ...

Edit to add: I know it's not really private information, but if Ford wants to collect it and sell it, they can fuckíng pay me for it.

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The app is hot garbage. I haven't been able to successfully lock, unlock or remote start - I don't think ever since the update. Spins and spins and then fails.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so now the new app has removed the owners manual?? what are these clowns doing?

when you make new apps, they should not have less features... amirite?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read that Ford brought software development in house a few years ago. Are these the fruits of their labors?