Ford Raptor XT Sighted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was '09. Here is what they had on display in '10

Isn't the XT caged, linked etc. etc.? If so than why do people call the SEMA Raptor the XT?

If I remember right, Ford was calling that truck the "XT", even thought the real XT should be totally different. People just relate that truck to the XT now I guess.

I'll believe the XT when I see it. What is it on now, the third or fourth yearly set back?

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
If I remember right, Ford was calling that truck the "XT", even thought the real XT should be totally different. People just relate that truck to the XT now I guess.

I'll believe the XT when I see it. What is it on now, the third or fourth yearly set back?

Correct. The one in my pic is the same one at '09 SEMA, the "Raptor XT" get the public swooning. I then heard from Greg Foutz that the real XT would be a bit different. Last I heard from him about it (around the time of the Phoenix Raptor Round-up) was Ford engineers were messing around with shock position angles (Foutz made the control arms) and half-shaft lengths. So until there's news all over the internet blogs or a press release from Ford shows up, don't count on seeing a real XT.

OP
OP
V

velacio

Reaction score

Ah, well that was the one on the road...
guess its not an XT after all -_- confused... aha

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOT an XT From Ford Racing.
I have 1 of the 50 to be built on order. Every month I get a notice saying "ON BACK ORDER" as a Ford Racing Parts order. Build has been pushed back more than 4 times and over a year, 2011MY designation - Estimated build Late 4th Qtr 2011
randy

One short year after this historic event, we at Ford Racing are announcing that we plan to offer a new extreme off-road prerunner - the 2011 FR Raptor XT (eXtreme Terrain). Some details of this exciting program have already begun to surface, and we want to ensure you hear about it from us first.

The 2011 FR Raptor XT will be a factory-built truck. While still customizable, it will come ready for extreme off-road use including desert pre-running and other non-highway adventures. While details are intentionally limited at this time, the following should help you assess the product and its appeal.

Ford Racing Part Number: M-FR-RAPTOR-XT

Program intent:
■Provide a truck that is a true pre-runner
■50 units initial build
■Off-road only (VIN replaced by serial number)
■2011MY designation
■Build start in 12/2010; NOT
■initial vehicles delivered beginning 2/2011 NOT
Vehicle content:
■500hp (est.) 6.2L naturally aspirated engine
■6-speed automatic transmission
■4x4; 4.56 gear sets; front & rear e-lockers;
■A-Arm w/ uni-ball front; 4-Link RR suspension
■~15" Front; / 18" Rear wheel travels
■Coil-over shocks / springs, front and rear
■Chromoly "4130" roll cage; extensive skid-plating
■Full featured interior, including power windows / windshield and air conditioning!
■Factory seating w/ 5 point restraints
■Off-Road beadlock wheel/tires
■Unique appearance package including tubular front and rear bumper and integral lighting
Orders / Feedback:
■Vehicle orders should be placed with the Ford Racing warehouse, 800-367-3786.
■Priority delivery will be given to orders of multiple vehicles.
■This order is a placeholder; dealers will not be billed until delivery of the vehicle to the dealer.
■An "off-road only" release will be required prior to delivery of M-FR-RAPTOR-XT to the dealer.
■Only 50 units are under consideration, so dealers are encouraged to submit their orders before March 30. Delivery will be prioritized based on order entry date.
The FR Raptor XT joins Ford Racing's successful turn-key Mustangs available only from Ford Dealers. We encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity.

FR Raptor Prerunner - Q & A
1. Who is the FR Raptor XT customer?

Raptor XT customer is an off-road enthusiast or adventurer. Raptor XT customers may be racers looking for pre-running or hunters or fishermen that love the outdoors.

2. Where would someone use FR Raptor XT?

Pre-running, trail riding, hunting/fishing - extreme off-road applications where vehicle capability is important and occupant comfort is a consideration. Raptor XT is especially for those extreme customers who wish to go further, faster while maintaining high levels of comfort

3. What are the functional differences between FR Raptor XT and production F-150 SVT Raptor?

Production F-150 SVT Raptor is developed for both on-road as well as high speed off-roading; it delivers on that combined usage superbly. FR Raptor XT is a purpose built extreme off road vehicle that will have increased horsepower, lower gearing, front axle e-locker, offroad tires, bead-lock Aluminum wheels, and more suspension travel-all aimed at off-road usage. It will maintain most cabin creature comforts enjoyed by today's production F-150 SVT Raptor customers while delivering unparalleled levels of off-road capability for prerunning or outdoor adventure.

4. Can I race this truck?

FR Raptor XT is not intended to be a racing truck. Additional modifications would be required.

5. Can I drive this truck on the highway?

No, this vehicle is not for highway use. The VIN is replaced with a serial number. Additionally, customers will be required to sign an off-road use (only) affidavit - which documents use restrictions.

Last edited:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
****.... now i really want an XT..... are they able to be made "street legal" without compramising of road usage? and for how much to make it street legal?

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
****.... now i really want an XT..... are they able to be made "street legal" without compramising of road usage? and for how much to make it street legal?

You can, but its a lot of work and $. I have heard of 2 guys in Texas that have them on order and say they will not have a problem getting them street legal.

I know CA gives out 5000 specialty vehicle permits a year, most are done through 1 office(I believe its Ventura) on the 1st business day of each year. Robby Gordon has one of his Cup cars plated in CA, and also has his Hummer Dakar plated in AZ

Attachments

• Plated RG.jpg
    Plated RG.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 63