ford raptor bead lock wheels legal in any state in USA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
beadlocks are not illegal, manufacturers of beadlocks suggest against using them on the street in the form of saying "off-road use only" because if you do not maintain them properly it could result in an accident, they are covering their asses

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you note the difference of the ford beatlocks wheels with beauty ring vs beatlock ring?

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you note the difference of the ford beatlocks wheels with beauty ring vs beatlock ring?

It looks like the Ford beadlock has a dual lip. When the tire is mounted traditionally, it's inside the outer mounting lip of the wheel, and the standard ring is only a simulated beadlock ring.
When the tire is mounted as a beadlock, the outer lip of the tire is outside of the wheel lip and the real beadlock ring bolts and compresses the tire bead to the outside of the wheel lip.
I don't know, it made sense when I started typing...

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
So fun fact. Some Beadlocks have both lips. Then they machine the Beadlock lip off to make a non beadlock. It actually takes more work to make them non Beadlocks.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha ok, i got it. The think s to note the different from a ford beatlocks rim vs the ford fake lock ring. In that case is a street legal because noone will note the different.